CairnTalk

Pet show

Bekah

My sister and I took Liddy to her first pet show on Tuesday. It was a very informal affair hosted by the second graders at the school where my mom works. Aside from the heat, it was a beautiful day.

Unfortunatly, Liddy spent most of the show hiding under a chair with her nose in her water bowl. We think she was scared of all the dogs there. Liddy was very excited to see the kids though, I could hear her tail thumping whenever someone came by to pet her. My sister and I were impressed by how gentle the kids (even the littlest ones) were -- they all asked to pet Liddy before reaching out for her and most of them said they had dogs of their own.

By the time the fifth graders (my mom's class) came outside, Liddy was pooped, but she did accept belly rubs and ear scratches from my mom's kids. She's met them all before, so I think she was more comfortable around them.

I was hoping to get a lot of cute pictures of Liddy with the kids, but she was too scared/hot. Here's a picture of her hiding under a chair.

PetshowLiddyII.jpg

How fun! I would love to take Savannah to something like that! The kids could help wear her out so she wouldn't have so much energy at bedtime!!

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Oh yeah! Forgot to mention that it looks like Liddy's hair has grown a lot since her hair cut! It is taking Savannah's hair FOREVER to grow in around her face since I stripped her! What is your secret? :D

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Liddy actually had a haircut yesterday so she is back to a "trimmer" look. She goes about 6 weeks in between trips to the groomer's. The first time Liddy went for a haircut, the groomer cut her really short. Liddy's hair was pretty shaggy and she had some mats that my mom & I couldn't get out with a brush. I remember that it seemed to take a long time for Liddy's coat to come back, but once it did she looked great.

You weren't kidding when you said she had her nose in the water bowl! I thought you meant she was just really thirsty but she's actually lying down and resting that way! :lol: (Carolina has that exact same bowl for her food! I personalized it with her name using a pink paint pen.)

Cute picture and a fun day!

Archived