CairnTalk

AKC registering

jansop

Pro: if you plan to enter your Cairn in any AKC events (dog shows, agility, obedience, rally) the dog must be AKC registered to participate. Same if you plan to breed your dog.

Con: don't know of any except the junk mail I get from the AKC trying to sell me a Visa or Mastercard with my breed of dog on it, or a subscription to their magazine!

You paid for a purebred dog with a pedigree, why not register the dog? The cost is minimal, about $15, I think. Of course, if you are not interested in AKC events and just want a family member, then you can skip the registration and save a few bucks for toys for your Cairn. :-)

I find that it is because they are family members that I want to do things with my dogs. I couldn't find a piano teacher to take them, but fortunately the AKC offers a wide variety of activities of interest to Cairns: rally, agility, obedience, earthdog, tracking. The AKC also supports considerable health research. The Gazette magazine is an excellent one, often with specific, useful, and detailed information about health topics, for instance. A recent article addressed the changes in vaccine protocols at essentially all veterinary colleges. The AKC does a lot - have a look around their website www.akc.org. The CTCA is itself a member of the AKC.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Archived