CairnTalk

Male or Female??

M Jones

• 10 months later...

I have heard that females are slightly more independent. Males are more loving and want more attention. Females tend to bark at serious noises, while males like to bark for fun. I have been training my male cairn, however, to control his barking. He is impressive. Once he stops, he makes little noises to let me know he holding back - what a good boy. Females also are always easier to fully "poddy train."

We have a male Cairn, almost 9 months old. I consider him fully potty trained, and I have to say that he is extremely loving and cuddly. We too have the barking issue, mainly because he is afraid of his own shadow!! lol Although he loves to put on a big front of fearlessness.

However, I have to applaud him for his recent antics with a mouse. The little furry deviled peeped out from under my washer......Abe happened to be there and grabbed him and tossed him about a bit, then the mouse escaped. I don't know who was more astonished...the kids and me, or Abe!! however, we have praised him, and now he seems to patrol the washer area regularly.....whoa be unto that mouse if he gets his nerve up to reappear!!! :lol:

SignaturePics.jpg

Archived