CairnTalk

Has anyone chosen not to neuter

Posey

I was just wondering if any Cairn Terrier male puppy owners may have decided not to neuter their puppy. If so do you have problems with marking his territory inside the house?

Posey :)

Hi again! Well here is my story. I set up the appointment for Max a couple weeks ago to have him neutered. The morning of the appointment I got cold feet and decided not to do it. I told myself it was because the winter was still so cold and I would wait for warmer weather. :wink:

Now that it is getting warmer outside, I am still not sure if I am going to or not. Really the only reason I would do it is to prevent the marking of his territory in the house. From what I have heard and read, the terrier group is sort of known for this.

I did have 2 miniature dachsunds for 5-15yrs, both male and never had either of them fixed. I never had trouble with them lifting their legs in the house. That is sort of why I haven't decided for Max yet. He is marking his yard in certain spots, and will even do the leg kick up in the house when wanting to play with the cat. I then panic and look for a wet spot, but so far nothing. :D

Let me know what you decide if you would please. I hope we get more responses also with those who have males. I am pondering over this one every day.

Melanie

Maxwell

Hi Melanie, I understand wrestling with this neutering question. I am very

protective over my Nicky and it just upsets me to think of taking a chance

with a operation that may be not needed. But the other day in the kitchen, which does have a cleanable surface, he did heist his leg on the

stool there. He had gotten upset over the fact that his daddy had fed some scraps to the neighbor dog. He saw this and just got very upset. As soon as he came in he heisted his leg and wet all over the stool. I

called the vet and got all the infor. about neutering and they do the blood work to make sure they make it through surgery, but still I hesitate. It is suppose to make them live longer, calmer, and better pets. He does not usually do anything in the areas in the house when he is allowed in other areas but still...

:x Posey

Archived