CairnTalk

Cairn Pilates

Bekah

I've started a new exercise program and I've been following along with a Pilates DVD. If you haven't seen Pilates, its kind of like yoga and there's a lot of stretching involved. Liddy has seen me do this several times already but today she decided to really investigate. As I'm stretching, I suddenly felt a wet nose poking my side and a tail whipping my face. At one point I lifted my legs in the air and Liddy decided it was a good idea to sit under them. She even brought a toy over because obviously I wasn't busy and this seemed like a perfect time to play. I was laughing so hard I think my abs got an extra hard workout. Eventually she did lose interest and retired to the armchair. I swear when I was done Liddy gave me a look that said, "You're wierd."

Bekah that is funny! Before we got Alfie I used to exercise at home using a pilates video. Now I can't finish the video without Alfie coming up to me to play! His nose will be in my ear, my hair, then he'll step on me and try to lick my face.....

Too funny. Logan seems to think the hudred is his que for "come here I really need to give you a tummy rub as I am starting to sweat profusly while doing nothing" :devil: Ya gotta love these guys

Hahaha! :D So good to hear that there are other Cairn Pilates trainers out there...perhaps they should get together and teach a class. As I was pumping my arms for the hundred today, Liddy must have thought, "Ah, she's trying to pet me...I'll just sneak right in here..."

I walk (not as often as I should!) on a treadmill. Scout just looks at me and then climbs onto the bed and goes to sleep...so much for her interest! LOL! Finch will try to get onto the treadmill with me...after several attempts, she will go and join Scout.

This is a little off topic but the "nose in my hair" comment made me think about this. Savannah often will bat her toys underneath a piece of furniture and of course looks at Mommy to "rescue" her toy. Everytime I get down on the floor to get her toy out, she tries to sit on my head!!! Does she really think that helps?? These dogs are too funny!

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Savannah's mom, these dogs are really funny! (I hope I didn't go beyond the # of postings limit yet but there are too many funny thoughts with Alfie)

When I'm reclining on the couch, Alfie goes up on top of the couch's back, then sits with his behind right on top of my head. I didn't even know it the first time (I thought it was his side) until my son (who was laughing) told me. Lapdog redefined!

I needed a laugh and these stories did it. One of my agents made me a Pilates CD and I had put it in my computer and was lying on the floor trying to look up on my desk and follow along. I completely forgot about Scully being in the same room and she immediately decided to clean my face, my ears, and then jump up on my stomach.

savannah'smom, if I have to get on the floor to get a ball or something, Scully decides she's going to get right next to me and stick her head under the sofa too - "I'll help ya find it Mom!" If my butt weren't so big I'd love to see a picture of the back end of the two of us with our heads under the couch. Then again, that might NOT be a pretty picture.

Bekah, I fogot to say that I would LOVE to see a video of you exercising "with" Liddy!

NEVER!!! That would be much too embarrassing!

Earlier last week my brother (who is kind of a big guy) took Liddy out for a jog around the neighborhood. I saw them when I was driving home...now THAT was a sight worth video taping. Try to picture a big guy who's not too thrilled about having a "prissy dog" taking the very excited dog out for a jog. Liddy is absolutely thrilled whenever my brother pays even the slightest bit of attention to her, so she was on cloud nine while jogging. I wish I'd had my camera.

Archived