CairnTalk

Cesar Select

NDMike

Reagan only wants wet food. (I suppose I can't blame him, I'd hate to eat crackers all day!) In any event, his favorite is the store bought kind Cesar Select Filet Mignon flavor. Below is the nutritional info, anyone have any ideas just HOW bad this is? I want him to enjoy his food! Thanks for your help!

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS:

Crude Protein, Min 8.0%

Crude Fat, Min 3.5%

Crude Fiber, Max 1.0%

Moisture, Max 82.0%

METABOLIZABLE ENERGY:

Approximately 80 kcal per 3.5-oz (100g) tray

INGREDIENT PANEL:

CESAR

We got a free sample of that same food and gave it to Liddy to try (she usually eats Nutro with some of that Iams chicken sauce on it). I should say that Liddy does not like wet food at all. However, after giving her the Cesar Select, she promptly threw it up. I wasn't home, but my mom and sister said it was pretty bad.

Did you mix some of her regular food, or did you just switch her suddenly? If it was with no warning, that could account for the throwing up. When I tried to switch my pup's food by mixing it with his usual (Canidae), he didn't throw it up, but ignored it and ended up "spitting" nuggets at me to let me know the switch was a "no-go".

As for the nutritional comparison, take a look at the ingredients of the wet Canidae food - that should be a good comparison point since it is a reputable dog food that many people on here seem to use.

www.canidae.com

:)

You never know just what by-products are. Could be chicken lips and feet. (Okay I do know they don't have lips)

I just bought a can of Canidae to put in my dogs Kongs. Here is their list:

Chicken, Chicken Broth, Chicken Liver, Brown Rice, Barley, Egg, Sunflower Oil.......

It also states "To achieve a blanced diet and maintain firm stools, Canidae recommends a feed ration of 25% canned to 75% Canidae dry dog food by weight."

I haven't used it yet, but I'm sure they are going to enjoy sucking this stuff out of their Kongs!

That's so odd that you posted that as I just got a sample of that same product Saturday in the mail. I decided to throw it away and keep on what I know works well for Scully.

She likes the moist food added to the dry and I've been giving her about 1/4 cup of Nutro dry with maybe two tablespoons of any of the Nutro cans which is VERY moist. She absolutely loves it.

Well, the problem with the dry food is that Reagan will seperate it from the wet and then eat just the wet! I stir it up very well, but he's so dang picky. I picked up some Science Diet and Nutro wet food to gauge his interest in them though.

Archived