CairnTalk

Signs for your door

Anna_525

I love the site, you can even make your own sign......I wonder what I would put on a Cairn Terrier sign?

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

"Don't bother me. I am in the process of ignoring you."

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

These are TOO funny!!!! I'm thinking of getting two for the outside of our new gate.

Having one for the front door would be perfect to help my mom remember NOT to just open the door, that Scully can get out. It can be a "gentle" reminder.

Warning: Cairn can't hold her licker :wub:

Kim,mama to furbaby, Piper 4/13/2003

"Things that upset a terrier may pass virtually unnoticed by a Great Dane." ~ Smiley Blanton

Just one downer of a note re signs. :( Make sure that you do not put up a sign that could be interpreted to mean that your dog is a potential threat. It may be held against you and your Cairn.

If your Cairn decides to grab someone's pant leg, or a child claims to have been bitten/scratched by your dog after sticking their hands through your fence, or whatever, any sign which indicates your dog could cause harm may be interpreted as an indication you knew you have a dangerous animal. Net result is you are therefore more likely to lose any law suit.

I'd avoid signs that say you have a guard dog. Or the sign on the web site that indicates your dog can beat anyone to the fence quicker than they can move, etc. All of these types can be interpreted the wrong way.

Stacey

My husband said "Maybe I will, Maybe I won't"

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Good thoughts on that subject, Stacey.

brad, when I saw this thread last night I planned on doing exactly what you have on your gates. Gets the point across but it's not threatening.

If only we can put all those funny signs without us getting in trouble! :D

Seriously....a friend just lost her Westie last week because her painter left the door open (he forgot). Their house is close to a highway...it was a hit and run. I just need something like Please Keep Door Closed at All Times which of course I can simply print out myself but I figured a fancy sign looks better than a paper print out....

I've had one of those signs on our gate for years. It's a sillouette of a cairn that says "I can make it to the gate in 3 seconds...can you?" My parents, (who have a cairn) have a doormat that says, "Beware...dog can't hold its licker."

I guess I had never thought of the gate sign as a threat...more of a joke!

I have one of these yellow signs up at our lake place...it's not for the dogs, but says -

'Mad squirrel - protect your nuts'

It gets all sorts of giggles!

pat.

Children don't care how much you know...they want to know how much you care.

Archived