CairnTalk

Pic of Savannah

savannahsmom35

I am trying to post a pic of my baby who will be 4 months old on Saturday! I have stripped her coat so she looks naked right now!! :censored: I hope this works!

th_Vanny.bmp

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

I'm kinda curious. How did you strip your pup?.............jan

jan

He who laughs last thinks slow.

How in the world did you do it? Mila wouldn't hold still for 5 seconds for me to strip her, let alone to stay still long enough to do all of that! Please tell us your secret!

:shock: Oh MY HECK! Here I thought I was "stripping!" Is THAT what STRIPPED looks like? How on EARTH did you get this done???????????

Savannah likes to take a nap in my lap and one night while she was asleep, I started stripping her to see if she acted like it bothered her. She didn't even flinch! So the tradition started. When she would crawl up in my lap, I would pet her until she started "puppy snoring" (I am sure you all now what I mean) and then would start to strip her. Savannah is such a hard sleeper that I even rolled her over on her back so that I could get to her tummy and she never opened her eyes. It took me about 4 or 5 sittings to get her done. I still have to finish her tail but I am scared to do it because I am not exactly sure what the tail is supposed to look like. Since Savannahs puppy coat was so dark and her undercoat was so light, it was very easy to distinguish which hair should be pulled and which hair should stay (my breeder showed me how to strip her when we went to pick her up). The fur that you see in the pic above is her undercoat. Her top coat started growing back but it is growing back very slowly so she looks a little funny. The pic below is Savannah before her stripping.

th_savannah2.bmp

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

I'm just wondering why you stripped her at such a young age? The groomer that I was using at the time that Duffy was a little pup did not recommend stripping his coat for the first time until he was 9 months to a year old. I now also have a Westie who is 6 months old and my current groomer also said that he should not be stripped for the first time until a year old. I guess it may differ as to what part of the country you live in.

MikeC

My breeder had a groomer come in and show her how to strip. The breeder asked the groomer what age the pup should be before stripping and she said that you could strip at any age. I guess it all depends on who you ask. Savannah didn't seem to mind and it has made her coat more manageable for me so I would most certainly recommend it for anyone who has the time and patience to try.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Archived