CairnTalk

Our Precious Zoe -not gone, just gone ahead

pookiegirl

It has been quite some time since I have been able to post here.

As many on this board are aware, we lost our beautiful girl on April 1, 2005.

We are still waiting to find out what caused us to lose our little Pookiegirl so suddenly and at such a young age. She would have been 7 years old on June 4th.

I hope and pray everyday will get easier, but tears continue to flow and my heart continues to yearn for her. I wish to thank all who offered their support and prayers during this very difficult time.

She was such a good girl, my friend, my companion, my conforter.

Barbara

In Memory of Our Beloved Zoe

June 4, 1998 - April 1, 2005

"Those we have held in our arms for a little while, we hold in our hearts forever"

I have mostly done what most men do

And pushed it out of my mind.

But I can't forget,

Four-feet trotting behind.

Day after day, the whole day through,

wherever my road inclined,

Four-feet said, "I am coming with you!"

And trotted along behind.

Now I must go by some other round-

which I shall never find,

Somewhere that does not carry

the sound of

Four-feet trotting behind.

(Rudyard Kipling)

Hi Barbara:

I'm so glad you posted. I have thought about you and Zoe every day since her sudden illness and your loss. I hope you are able to find some comfort. That was a beautiful memorial.

Barb

I too have thought about you often since Zoe's passing. I hope you are doing well. That was a very touching memorial. You are in my prayers.

Jan

Dear Barbara:

I have been a visitor here for a few weeks but your post made me register.

First of all, my deepest sympathy on the loss of Zoe. No loss is easy but the suddeness makes the loss even greater. You tribute was poignant and moving.

I lost my first Cairn two years ago. He was eleven and it was a sudden loss due to illness. I wish I could tell you it gets better. It does, a little, but it takes time. Losing our boy was like losing a child. We still had another 11 yr old male who is 13 now. I had decided no more dogs, the pain was too much. Within a few months the pain was worse without one and we got another Cairn, a female. She has made it easier but there are still days two years later that I cry as I drive home knowing my boy is gone. This breed is almost human-like. Their eyes look into our souls. They give us so much joy that their loss leaves great holes in our hearts.

Please know you are not alone in your sorrow. We are all thinking of you and praying for you. You will get through this pain and Zoe will always be as close as your heart. If I can do anything to help you, please let me know. CAT

Barbara,

I can't add to much more than Cairns2 and the other's have said. But I can tell you, I too lost my baby girl in November 2004. Missy was as I called her my human girl with 4 paws. Missy had many illness's threw out her life and at 13 she was diagnosed with diabetes that was under excellent control with all of her other medical illness's. Missy handled the diabetes for 4 years but a tumor on her liver that took her life at age 17. No matter young or old we never have enough time with them, we want them forever which we know is never going to happen. I still hurt, I cry almost every day for her, my heart is heavy and I feel a great loss in my life. My life has changed since I lost Missy, her not being by me strikes me with sadness each and every day. We did get another Cairn for our 10 year old son and this little cairn helps me. It's not the same and it will never be but we love them. Our love for our pets that have passed on are never forgotten. Missy is in my heart forever and that is where she will stay until one day when we can meet again. No matter how many other pets I have in my life time, there will never be another Missy. She was one special girl to me who will never and can never be replaced. She is the one that stole my heart. I as well did a memorial for my girl and that helped me some. Your memorial to Zoe is beautiful and that is what we have to cherish. Hold on tight to the wonderful years you shared and in memory we always will think of them and cherish them.

I hope hearing from others that have lost there furkids can help you, but its not easy and the pain is horrable. Know we understand and are here for you.

My condolence's to you and the family

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

• 5 weeks later...

Happy Birthday Zoe!

My thoughts, prayers and love are with you today, and everyday.

I know the treats must be especialy sweet at the Bridge.

Hugs & Kisses forever,

"Mom"

• 9 months later...

My Sweet Zoe,

One year ago today we had our final goodbye.

I feel your presence all around me but I am unable to reach out and touch you.

There is small comfort knowing someday this unseen veil will drop and we will be together once again - forever.

Until we meet again, I will continue to feel the void in my heart that only your love can fill.

Sending all my love,

Mom

We who choose to surround ourselves

with lives even more temporary than our own,

live within a fragile circle,

easily and often breached.

Unable to accept its awful gaps,

we still would have it no other way.

We cherish memory as the only certain immortality,

never fully understanding the necessary plan

~Irving Townsend~

Archived