CairnTalk

Nickname

PeppersMom

Was wondering if you all do weird little things with your dog's name? My dog is Pepper, but he is also known as: Pepps, Pepinator, Peppo, Peppos Pepsi Pepp..it goes on and on..the dog actually responds to all of them too!

For some reason at times we call her by her full name - so it's

"Hi there Scully Squires!" And she knows her last name!

brad would ban me if I told you what my husband jokingly calls her at times.

Grandmom calls her "Grandmom's little girl"

Let's see, we call Piper: Pipes, Pipey, Diaper Nose (rhymes with Piper Rose, lol), Sniper, Trixie, Baby Dog, Diaper Dog, Snipes, Baby, the list goes on and on . . .

Kim,mama to furbaby, Piper 4/13/2003

"Things that upset a terrier may pass virtually unnoticed by a Great Dane." ~ Smiley Blanton

Duffy's akas are Dufflebag, Duffmeister, Devildog, Damien (from The Omen :devil: ). Mickey's akas are Mickeymouse, Mickster, Little white dog and Snowball.

MikeC

Ghillie, Gills, Gillers, Willie, Wills, Ghilliewills, Ghillums, Sweetums, Babyboy, Brown Boy, Punkie Doodle

Smokey, Smokes, Smokers, Beige Boy, Smokeydoodle, Smackey, Puppernut

In general, the boys, the terriorists, the devil dogs, the cairnyboys, Barky Boys, the Holy Terrors, the children, sweetie boys, and various other names that I'm sure they are embarassed to hear

Liddy gets called Lids, Liddygirl, Pumpkin Head, Testadellazucca (which is Italian for Pumpkin Head) and Tootsie. She also operates under two aliases: Miss Sally Peaches and Ears McGee.

...Go ahead, call me crazy. :shy:

Miss Sally Peaches

LOL, Bekah, sounds like a stripper name!! :D Too funny. :lol:

Kim,mama to furbaby, Piper 4/13/2003

"Things that upset a terrier may pass virtually unnoticed by a Great Dane." ~ Smiley Blanton

The nicknames and the dumb songs, too.

Elliott is also known on this forum as "Helliott"...I won't go into all the other silly names I have for him such as ...L-E-ola

Madison has the song "Maddy, how I love you, how I love you, I love my Maddy" (a southern tune??) It's usually sung very early in the morning by me as I'm getting ready for work and nobody else is up except me and the dogs. :innocent:

Winnie has always been called "The Winner".

Brodie- Brodie boy, bubba, bro-bro, snuggle bear. Aidan- aidan paidan, chunky monkey,kissy face. And the 2 together, I also call 'the barky boys' too funny!

Well, Mama Kim, as my brother so often likes to point out, Liddy does walk around the house naked! Hahaha!

Everyone's posts are making me feel less crazy as I often call Liddy different names and sing to her, too. In fact, sometimes we hold full conversations...well, she mostly listens... :lol:

I have a Cairn Pepper too: aka Pep, aka "Old Man." Responds (most of the time) to Pep. :) Maybe not so much to Old Man. Henry the Westie is also known as "Bear" or occasionally, "Henry what are you doing!" :mad:

We also have a good loud time on walks, with little numbers about the dogs, and occasionally a Broadway show tune. It must sound pretty wild! B)

Pam

Carolina actually responds to "Boo" since we use it so much. For some reason DH started calling her that awhile back and it has stuck. She is also called Carolina Boo, Lil Missy, Cutie Patootie and Sissy. My parents have her litter mate so each dog is called Sissy when one of us is referring to the sister dog.

First and middle name - Abigail Rose, The Abster, Abby Dabby Do, Stinky Sweetie (She really doesn't stink - she smells quite good. My husband just started calling her that one day and it stuck!!!)

Jan

Did I read that someone talks to their Cairns? :whistle:

I am always chatting with them...no, they don't answer. I'll be in the garden saying what plants need to be tidied up or what I want to buy for a particular spot.

Cooking is another area (I've always dreamed of having my own cooking show) where I'll talk as I chop/stir/boil..you get the idea.

They really are my best friends :wub:

Rebel is know as Reb, Rebi, Mr. McCormick and when I am mad he gets his entire name Rebel McCormick Hallsworth used.

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Petey = Mr. Pete, Peedro, Petey Pop (I don't know why), PT Cruiser. Respond? He usually doesn't respond to anything but the crinkling sound of a bag of treats!

Scout is usually Scoutty, Punkin, and when she ignores me in the yard, she becomes "hey you!".

Finch is Finchy, and Bubble Butt.

They both are called Pookie....I have no idea, but I call them Pookie more than anything.

Yoda is , Otis, Oddie, Oat-ster, and my husband calls him Yoder to which I reply that he is not an Omish dog.

Gidget has several nicknames. Gidg, Gidgy-poo, Gidgy-goo, Sissy, Peanut, Squirt, Rat Dog, Fireball, & Lucy (because she's always getting herself in trouble).

There's nothin' in this world better than puppy breath!!!

Rocky: Rockman, Rock Lobster, Rocksann (sung to the tune by the Police)

Scruffy: Scruff-man, Scruff-meister, Scruffalicious and Scruffola

Tucker: Tuck-man, Tuckster, Tuckeroo, and something really, really bad when he's been really, really naughty! :whistle:

thela

Apollo: Paolo, Paolo Wallow, Hey Big Boy, Red, Wild Dog (seems we can go for a nice long walk and Apollo will come in and race around the house - wish I had that energy!), The Protector (when sitting down for a meal, he will do his enforcer routine with an occassional bark at NOTHING), and of course, Loud Mouth.

I will also sing, "Who's the best dog in the whole world? Apollo, Apollo." His ears go back, squints his eyes, wags his tail and it looks like he is smiling. That always gets him a back scratch. He really is a happy fellow.

****Apollo****

imsleepysig.jpg

Archived