CairnTalk

Puzzle toys

JWalsh

Okay, we thought Oz would enjoy the challenge of a puzzle toy, so we bought a kong and stuffed it with wee sized bones. He immediately figured out that if he chewed the thing just hard enough the cookie would crumble and then he could use his "hands" to dump out the pieces. I refuse to use the "spray cheese" treat goop but would still like to give him a toy that tests his mental prowess. Any suggestions??

We've had the same problem with Liddy. Liddy's not interested in her kong even when it had a treat in it. She usually flips it over and takes the treat right out. We've put peanut butter in it and that at least keeps her working with it, but once the p.b. is gone, the kong is ignored.

Try stuffing it with a good quality canned dog food (canidae, wellness, nutro...),a baby carrot in the middle and freeze it....it will definately give you a good hour or so of quiet time.:thumbsup:

That's a great idea to freeze the kongs! I usually put in baby carrots, which takes about 5 minutes to chew up. I'll have to pick up some canned food when I pick up more dog food this week. Thanks for the idea!

Archived