CairnTalk

The Giggles (toys)

GIDGETSMOM

While at the local petsmart this evening I came across a ball I'd never seen before. It's called The Giggler. It comes in two sizes and makes a funny little sound when you roll it or move it.

Gidget went nuts for it, but at the price...I decided to pass for now.

I was wondering if anyone has purchased one of these for their Cairn and if so how long did it hole his/her interest before they left it laying?

There's nothin' in this world better than puppy breath!!!

We have a Giggler Ball and it is getting beat up! My pup loves to play with it, and makes his growly sounds when he plays with it. Advice - make sure your pup plays with the ball where things cannot be broken. The ball is very hard, and pups like to push/bat it into the wall (or other hard surfaces). We actually have to move the ball out of reach after 10 mins since we dont want him to get overly excited.

Guest cairnmother

Teddy loves his giggle ball! He's had it for quite some time and it is his all time favorite. Ted has more toys than alot of children do, so it says alot for giggle ball. He used to get overly excited and aggressive with it and I used to wonder if he should play with it. He has calmed a little over time or I have gotten used to it. I'm not sure which. But it keeps him busy and active and that's a good thing. :lol:

Hmmm...that sounds like a good toy for Scully's new yard - we just had it all cemented and next week "her" fence goes up so she can run amuck.

Guest Darcy's Mom

I don't have a Petsmart near me, do you think that maybe Pet Supplies might have it? It sounds like something that would keep my two dogs busy for awhile.

I guess I'll put a call into Pet Supplies today.

Speaking of Pet Supplies, they have something new in the way of baths for your pet - called the Pet Spa. Looks like a giant microwave. Put your dog in and it shoots out rivulets of water and tearless shampoo all overthe dog/cat: from the top, bottom, sides and then drys them. Is anyone familiar with this and if so, does it work? I'd much rather spend $12.00 on the Pet Spa than to spend more to take ours to the groomer just to have a bath.

Thanks,

Sandy

What size of Giggler Ball do you have - small or medium? We don't have a Petsmart around here either, so I thought I'd order it from their website. I just didn't want to get one that was either too small or too big for her!!

Jan

Guest cairnmother

It's called "Wiggly Giggly". The smaller ball is perfect for cairns. They can find the holes so they can pick it up and carry it. It's a hard ball and there is only one way to pick it up so it's also something for them to figure out how to do which is a plus. I had bought the I qube and the hide a squirrel toys which were no brainers. Just a gimmick to sell toys. They must think dogs are really dumb or their people are since we are the ones who buy them and not the dogs. :shock:

They must think dogs are really dumb or their people are since we are the ones who buy them and not the dogs. 

Personally, I was having problems figuring out how to get the squirrels out of the holes in the tree. :D (Just joking!)

Try ordering online from Petco or Petsmart - one can usually find coupons which work out to offset the cost of shipping. (I do not work for either company, I swear!)

My pup has the larger giggler ball - he still bats it around and is still able to pick it up by the holes, though it is heavy. The larger one seemed a bit more indestructible which is why we bought that one.

I saw those but the only had the medium one, I think we will have to invest in one. Sounds like too much fun to pass up

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

We had a similar toy that was shaped like a bone and giggled when shook. Madison ate it.

OMG Kayharley, I had gotten Scully that same one (ours was green) from Drs. Foster and Smith. It had this sliding thing inside that made a weird noise? Scully ate the end off it. You sure our dogs weren't separated at birth?

Whoops, spoke to soon. Target does not stock it. My web search for wiggly giggly came up with a Target add at the top that tricked me.

Guest cairnmother

Scully's mom,

It is the wiggly that Teddy likes so much. Wiggly giggly by multi-pet. I haven't seen the giggler yet. I thought the wiggly giggly was the toy being talked about. Will have to check out the giggler too. Is it a wiggly giggly knockoff I wonder?

The Giggler is a thick-walled rubber ball coming in pink or blue and in small (2.75") and medium (3.5") sizes. The Wiggly Giggly comes in blue or green colors and in three shapes: bone (actually a dumbell shape), jack and ball (balls are small (4.5") or large (7"). The two giggling toys are different in appearance, but have a similar gimmick in the giggling sound.

post-808-1113329517_thumb.jpg

post-808-1113330055_thumb.jpg

So they are pretty tough? I am up for anything that will last longer than a few hours! :D I swear Toto is as bad with his toys as my son is with his trucks if they aren't tough my son will have it broken (or destroyed in some cases) by the end of the day. - Darsey

It was the Wiggly Giggly that Maddy tore apart in no time and it wasn't cheap. Maybe I'll try the balls...what's the worst that can happen? :shock:

OMG, Finch ate the bone shaped one too! LOL! I bought it at a discount store and it last about a day.

I bought this ball from PetsMart for their birthdays. Finch loves it...she is obsessed with balls and we keep this one down in the basement. I don't know what brand it is, but it makes the same sounds.

post-338-1113344476_thumb.jpg

You can see how big the ball is here. She doesn't like it as much as the rubber balls, but she can't pop this one!

toy22uc.jpg

My pup chewed up the boneshaped giggler as well, but so far the big round giggler is still intact, though very scratched up.

The orange ball looks interesting - will have to check that out.

Hey Everyone

These are the ones I'm talking about. They are very thick and look like they'd be pretty heavy duty for our Cairn's. Possibly (dare I say) Indistructable.

The Giggler

There's nothin' in this world better than puppy breath!!!

We had one for about 6 months! Calli loved that ball! My husband didn't - not because of the noise from the ball but the noise from Calli! She was hysterical - growling at that ball as if someone was inside! But she finally chewed through the whole thing and diassembled the squeakers. I was thinking of getting her another one though. I am just not sure how long it will last. Then again - there aren't too many toys that last that long anyway! We have a hard plastic ball with another ball inside that she loves - but it makes too much noise for my husbhand!

Archived