CairnTalk

It's been a long time.

Dempsy's Mom

It's been a long time since I have visited you all.  Lots of new members.  I am still on the farm.  One leg out the door as we are trying to retire.  Do farmers ever retire?  But I am enjoying a new home about 30 minutes away.  Some time there, some time here.  I never adopted another cairn after Dempsy and Elsie.  Mostly yorkies have been in my life.  Just last month I did bring one home from a rescue in the cities.  Her name was Minnie Mouse when I applied for her.  Someone else got her.  .... but, to my surprise, they returned her .... so what the heck ... I traveled to the cities to see my daughter and pick up Minnie.  They say she is part Yorkie/Chihuahua.  She's one year.  Why did they return her?  ...... her name is Snip, Snipper, Snippy which ever comes out your mouth first.  She is a handful. All attitude.  Going to make a heck of a farm manager.  I have three other rescues - all Yorkies.  Dog lovers are special people.  Hope you all are healthy and happy.   PS Meeko is still with me.  He is 14 and absolutely the sweetest little man.  He had some set backs but as of today he is healthy and happy.  

IMG_7583.JPG

IMG_7590.JPG

Edited by Dempsy's Mom
added Meeko comment
  • Like 4

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

So good to hear from you! Dempsey and Elsie hold a special place in my heart with all their tales about living on a farm and  riding around in the quad and your combine. So many wonderful memories. 🐾🐾💕

The Yorkies are so  lucky to have you as their mum. I always think they look like Minnie Cairns! Please don’t be a stranger on this site. I know many here would love to see the yorkies following in Dempsey’s and Elsie’s paw print….pictures please!

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Nice to see you Dempsey's Mom. And the mixes always look like Cairn's to me too. More photos please.

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Hey Dempsey's Mom.

Good to hear from you. Snippy sounds to have possibilities as a farm manager - but it will be hard to follow in Dempsey's paw prints! I remember all those wonderful videos of D and co at work.

Best wishes

So you came to the Cities and didn't stop by? (She stomps her foot...). You know you are always welcome...but your little dogs might be the bosses of my two current cairns.

The vet stopped by last week (we have a vet who comes to our house) because we suspected one of the  boys might have a bladder infection. Little Angus saw him coming and hid under the daybed on the screened porch...wus! I am sure Yorkies could be the bosses of him...

Glad all is well on the farm - the heat! The storms! Don't know how you do it...

but remember fondly the day Allie met Dempsey.

Stop by! We would love to see you...

• 3 weeks later...

Dempsy's Mom.

I'm glad you have a new Spirited Kid.  I still have Nelly and Max, ages 11 and 10.  They coexist with out cat, Simba, our rabbit, "Kitten", and our Gerbils, Roadie and Ray.  To refresh your memory, I posted here about Holdsworth, Shadow, and Sweet Pea, all since retired to the place I hope I will join them when it's my time.  Bless you, and enjoy your new family member!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

• 3 months later...

Wow, I just came back recently too.. I remember you Dempsy. So glad Meeko is doing fine. He's looking great for his age. Fonzie is 14 too 

• Like 1

9yNb8di.jpg
Click to show the full size image!