CairnTalk

Walter at obedience today

Tracy A.

The boys are a year and a half old now, we’ve been in a professional ( versus a dog club) obedience classes for almost a year now. Petsmart training was a waste of time.  
Today I asked one of the trainers to film Walter doing a walking stay. He’s been fairly consistent for awhile. I’ll get Amos doing a walking down nexteeek.

for your viewing pleasure, and Walter weighs 16 pounds now.

Edited by Tracy A.
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Such a good pup you have🐾💕.

I chuckled when I think of Sam in our experience together in obedience classes. He was a star..well at least when he was in the classroom. Somehow he had amnesia at home and in the yard, however a treat would magically bring back his memory.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

16 minutes ago, Sam I Am said:

Such a good pup you have🐾💕.

I chuckled when I think of Sam in our experience together in obedience classes. He was a star..well at least when he was in the classroom. Somehow he had amnesia at home and in the yard, however a treat would magically bring back his memory.

I constantly drill at home, and use the commands to wrangle 3 dogs, especially at feeding time.  They’ve been learning hand signals too, and Nala our 13 year o,d Staffordshire terrier has picked up on them and responds to them too. She learned quickly who the treat dispenser is..lol

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, bradl said:

Oh lovely! Seeing that made me miss obedience class so much. Can't wait for future installments!

I’ve been repeating intermediate 4 cycles now, I go once a week and alternate the dogs because I don’t have time to go twice a week.  They’re both weaving pretty well too.

• Like 1