CairnTalk

Faithful friend forever

Sam I Am

I have had the unfortunate incident, which landed me up in hospital for five days with a pinched nerve in my back. My wonderful husband has been looking after our two dogs, Sam, the cairn , and Rosie, the Scotty. Sam and I are very much bonded and when I came back from the hospital, no drug could be more helpful than having that wonderful happy face leaping up on me welcoming me home. He hasn’t left my side since, he knows that his mom isn’t 100% yet.

Don’t ever underestimate the love an animal gives you… Especially a furry hairy Cairn. I’m afraid I’ve neglected his coat, but he doesn’t care. He’s outside with me in the garden.

Rosie is 11 and like a typical Scottie her greeting was more reserved but just as loving 

IMG_3295.jpeg

Edited by Sam I Am
  • Like 4

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Troubes come to us alas. Sorry one came to you. But happy that best buds are there to speed your recovery.

• Like 3

I am glad you are well cared for!  Hope you are on the mend.

Spike was awesome when I had diverticulitis, which was really scary.  My fourth trip to the ER, he ran out the door and sat down in front of the gate that separates the courtyard from the driveway.  "Oh, no.  No way.  You are not going back to that place."  

When I was on the living room couch for days, yeah, there were times he went off by himself-- no caregiver should be on duty 24/7/365-- but then I'd wake up and find him curled up beside me, or on the other couch next to me, watching me closely.

• Like 3

I am glad you are feeling better and that Sam and Rosie were able to comfort you in their own ways. I just love the love of Cairns!

• Like 2

Ouch! Sorry to hear about your troubles. Glad though that you have two furry companions to comfort and speed the healing. Cairns can be so intuitive! 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Bet they were wondering "What's up?" - and they were just as happy to see you as you to see them.  All is better. 

• Like 1

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori