CairnTalk

I lost my best friend Buddy.

Brianjonesmx95

Buddy was my best friend for 14 1/2 wonderful years. He’s been gone for 2 years now and I’d like to find a cairn puppy. Buddy was 25-30 pounds so I’m looking for a larger cairn cream/blonde colored pup. If anyone knows of a breader or puppies that are very large let me know.  Thanks BrianIMG_3932.thumb.jpeg.0a53bb071400af4ac3c048bf0e5f3e95.jpegIMG_7926.thumb.jpeg.ff9d066859ac26cba3830489ccbd82c3.jpegIMG_6505.thumb.jpeg.b715bffeaee389995b145de3ce1580d7.jpeg

• Agree 1

Looks like Buddy had a grand life! 

I can't speak to your specific requirements, but a good place to start connecting with breeders can be through the national club's breeder referral.

https://www.cairnterrier.org/finding-your-cairn/find-a-breeder

Good luck!

• Like 2

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

What a guy! what a life!

Suuggest as above.Maybe also go to few dog shows and chat with cairn people there.

Hoping the right new friend will come along soon.

• Like 2

You were the best dad ever! Should every dog on earth, have such a wonderful life as your buddy had. Good luck in finding your second buddy.

• Like 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Even though 14 seems like a good long life...I don't think we ever get to keep them long enough. 

[...]

Its a days drive, or ride to Longview, like 8.5 hours from Sacramento or San Francisco. 

Now I am not sure how young Buddy was when you Moto-Trained him but I'd love to have Fergus learn to ride pillion. 

He's got his choice of a Triumph Bonneville,  a KTM Duke, and a new BMW R1250RS....how do you start them off?

20230708_080841.jpg

Edited by bradl
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Moto-Rama said:

Even though 14 seems like a good long life...I don't think we ever get to keep them long enough. 

[...]

Its a days drive, or ride to Longview, like 8.5 hours from Sacramento or San Francisco. 

Now I am not sure how young Buddy was when you Moto-Trained him but I'd love to have Fergus learn to ride pillion. 

He's got his choice of a Triumph Bonneville,  a KTM Duke, and a new BMW R1250RS....how do you start them off?

20230708_080841.jpg

I originally didn't think about taking him on the bike. When he was 12 I started out putting him in a backpack K9 Sport sack and taking him on hikes to places like the river or park. He would get excited when I got out the backpack he knew we were going somewhere fun. Then one day I him on the motorcycle and he loved it right away.  You know how these dogs just love to be with you all the time know matter what. Hope to see your puppers out on the bike.

Brian

• Like 1

Wow. 12 years old.  Who says you can't teach an old(er) dog new tricks? 

I recall a guy in Berkeley,  back in the early 70s who had a beat up old AJS, and an Irish Setter that rode with him, on the seat. 

I wasn't supposed to name our breeder here so I'll pm you their name. They're AKC registered, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1