CairnTalk

Cairn rescue

Brigette

I'm so excited. I'm getting a chance to help the Col.Potter Cairn Rescue transport 3 cairns that were rescued from puppy mills to their new homes. A friend of mine who does Lab rescue is going with me to help. I'll ask them if we are allowed to take pictures, and if so I'll share these happy girls that are getting a new home.

that sounds great Bridgette~it is very kind of you to give your time and efforts to insure that the dogs have new homes!

I applaud you and everyone who contributes to these efforts~

mom of abe

That wonderful. I hope these dogs end up in happy places. And thanks to you for helping.

Oh how neat, I hope you DO get to post pictures!

Are you taking part in one of those instances where people continually drive the dogs from one spot to the next? How did you find out about that, through their website?

Guest Guest

Yeah, I just went to their website and clicked on volunteer opportunities. My husband doesnt want anymore dogs right now, so I thought this would be a way I could still help out. It's kind of like a relay, they ask who can do what leg of the trip to get the dogs to their new homes. I am really thinking if we ever do get another Cairn we will try to adopt a rescue one, I look at the available Cairn pictures all the time.

Brigette that is such a wonderful thing that you are doing. I have thought about volunteering to do the same thing but of course I do not have the time to do something like that now but who knows what the future holds. Let us know how it goes! - Darsey

How wonderful that you are able to do this and please do post pictures if you can!!

I am so happy these dogs are getting the homes they deserve!! Good luck!!

Jan

I did the transport this morning, and let me tell you it was so rewarding! One of the females Alice was deaf and had breast cancer-I'm so glad to know she's going to be getting proper medical attention and a loving home to live out the rest of her time. The lady who handed her off to me was Alice's foster mom, I asked her if it was hard to let go, and she said it was easier knowing she would be going to a "forever home". They were all three so pretty and sweet, I'll try to post my pictures later tonight. After my first time I would highly recommend the experience to anyone who has been considering it. I know I dont have the finances or a big enough house to help every dog in need out there, but it made me feel better to do my part in helping these three.

Here are my pictures. The first one is of Alice (she is deaf and has breast cancer) saying goodbye to her foster mom. The second is of Astrid, she's lived all her life in a puppy mill and was a little shy.

Here are my pictures. The first one is of Alice (she is deaf and has breast cancer) saying goodbye to her foster mom. The second is of Astrid, she's lived all her life in a puppy mill and was a little shy.

DSC00297.jpgDSC00299.jpg

Brigette it is good people like you who make cairn rescue work. Thank you from my boys and from me.

Barb

Archived