CairnTalk

To all the toy killers

Toto times 2

I know most of the cairns here are inventive stuffed toy murderers. I have found a couple that Smokey can not kill :halo:

One is called Bite-Meez by just bepaws (by Laidback). It is mostly sturdy canvas and can be kind of interactive. It is made so your hand can go inside like a puppet (beware of those needle sharp puppy teeth). We have had it for 3 years.

http://justbepaws.cameoez.com/Scripts/Publ...ublic&cat=57044

My vet sells a line of toys and I will get the info on these as well. They have been Smokey proof for a while now. I think when they get their adult teeth they can't shred quite as easily but of course their jaws get much stronger. Smokey can kill a squeaky in 30 seconds.

I have the Bite-Meez puppy and I actually bought it at our hospital gift shop. I think they thought it was a kids toy. When I call Smokey and yell Bite-Meez he comes on the run.

Where did you buy yours? I looked at their site but it doesn't look like they are ready yet.....I would love to buy one of these!

Oh wow, those look like so much fun! In the winter I would put heavy gloves on and it would drive Liddy nuts...I'll be on the look out for one of these.

Thers's a 1-800 number on the just bepaws site maybe they could give you stores that carry them.

Also I found some places that carries them

http://bisketbaskets.com/bitemeezdogtoy.html

http://www.thepamperedpup.com/shopping/treats-toys2.htm

http://www.doglikenature.com/store/cat?cat...&name=Bite-Meez

I don't know anything about these sites but there are probably quite a few others. I just searched Google under Bite-Meez toys

I love the octopus the arms look thick enough to not be torn off when toto gets determined. The last stuffed toy I bought was the Big Mean Kitty from the Terrible Nasty Scaries, I remembered others on this website having non-ripping success. Well I got the small size and five minutes at home and Toto ripped the WHOLE ear off. Mabey I should get the bigger ones since Toto thinks he's a big dog! :D - Darsey

Great sites! Did anyone else check out the pet beds in the bisquitbasket site? Wow - check out the circus tent one. I could just see Duffy and Mickey sticking their head out of that. I'm really tempted!

MikeC

I have a REALLY dumb question - will the puppets make the dogs more apt to go after people's hands? Scully LOVES to start playing with dad and gnawing on his fingers (for which she gets in trouble).

I haven't found that Smokey goes after my hands any other times but he is 10 so that may be quite a valid concern with puppies.

I bought a Bite-Meez in Key West, and it's Max's favorite toy. I saw them last week at Bed,Bath and Beyond -- much, much cheaper.

no indestructable...Pepper got his (the rabbit model) last night at about 7PM, by 10 PM, it is already torn up and he had already got all the stuffing materials all over "his room"...This morning, it is already unrecognizable...he is hopeless...i was so excited when i saw this thread and the first thing i did is to order one...now I am convinced, nothing can withstand the wrath of Pepper...

• 14 years later...

Our daughter is a stuffy collector so we never wanted to encourage Max and Chloe to think of stuffies as toys lest it lead to some unintended tragedy. I did recently get a couple of chew bones on Amazon that the pups are loving. I purchased two X-Large sizes and cut them in half. They're too big in their original XL size but they were priced, strangely, cheaper for two singles as opposed to a twin pack. For aggressive chewers they're pretty indestructible and help clean their teeth, which was my primary motivation for the purchase.