CairnTalk

Not impressed

anniegirl

Ella hates her coat. She says, please do not do this to me! I gave in, but once in turns more than minus 5, its going back on!!!!

Its amazing how you can read a Cairns face!

20220214_090750.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I don't need ANOTHER coat!! I'm already wearing two of my own- waterproof. Not happy.

But it is a good looking coat Ella. True you look miserable but very stylish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Adorable Ella and adorable coat!!

I never put coats on my cairns until I had Atticus. He actually shivers when he is out, so if the temps are below 35 degrees (f), I put one on him. Thankfully he doesn't seem to care. As long as he can pee on every post on our walk he is good!

Cairn side eyes are so powerful. 😆 That does look like a very nice coat. Hopefully she will be more appreciative later. Until then she is absolutely adorable, glare and all! 

My old boy enjoyed wearing a thin stretchy sweater when it got chilly out. He just did not like wearing shoes or socks. He’d slap those feet so hard he’d send those boots flying clear across the yard. I couldn’t find one until the snow melted. 😆

• Like 2

Alberta…minus -44. Out for a quick potty break then a quick run to the back door. image.thumb.jpeg.b921ba1bb3012db31ace0bdd027c5d4a.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

oh my, the expression! hilarious! Yes its chilly here in Salmon arm, no walkies at 24 minus. Ella is disgruntled. Here she is where its warm.

20221220_071552.jpg

• Like 5

Ouch. Cold here too (below zero, and will be for several days), and 10 inches of snow coming down. Our guys won't wear coats; they just refuse to even move.  Tonight Angus just looked at me while lifting his leg against the inside of the front door. I guess he shares my opinion of this weather.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's going to be bad nearly everywhere.  Here in our milder climate we're at a balmy 20F but the power's been out (high winds) since 3AM so it's shaping up to be a day. I think most of our Christmas dinner items we just bought (on Wednesday senior discount day no less) will have to be tossed,  The battery backup on the freezer in the garage is holding on so far at least, saving some high end ice cream :) ... for now.

• Sad 1

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

oh dear, thats terrible!!! I guess there is an advantage to the cold. If the power goes out we just toss the Turkey outside...and cook over the woodstove

This morning minus 29....with wind chill minus 37..yikes!!!!  Ella is quite disgruntled about it all.

It's cold here too, but not as cold as some of you. Yikes! We will be -6 tonight. The wind chills are -30.

Atticus doesn't seem to mind his coat. He runs away when he see it, but when I call out "walks?" he runs right up to me.

IMG_6360.jpeg

• Like 3

Thanks, Annie! I think the coat has helped him, but I'm sure it's all in my mind....who knows!

When I had Scout and Finch, Scout would NOT touch the snow unless she had on booties, and Finch would not out outside with them on! Funny Cairns!

• Like 3

Ella Sam and Atticus you all look fabulous in your winter coats. So many areas are getting hit with a very cold winter so far. Stay warm everyone and hope the power stays on!!

• Like 2

Just a quick note what I found out was the cheapest and most comfortable “boots” for  our dogs were new born mittens as shown. The kind they put on new born babies so they don’t scratch their face. I then secure them with painters tape. The ones I use are fleece lined . They wash great, don’t t have that hard plastic bottom (which my dogs hate) and keep ice and cold away from their feet. You can scroll up and see Sam with them on.

689531E0-AA6B-4FAF-A55E-7D1C9055E64C.jpeg

Edited by Sam I Am
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie