CairnTalk

And then there were 2 !

Cat

Hi everyone. Although I pop in often to read about all the super Cairns, I tend not to post.  I did introduce myself and Rufus earlier in the year, he’s doing really well, settling down ( well, a bit!) and learning good behaviours. He grew very big and heavy very quickly and I’m bringing his weight down slowly he’s gone from 12.5 kg to 11.5 in last 3 months.  Doing well!     The news I want to share is that he now has a brother! Vinnie joined us this summer. He’s now 7 months old and although he shares the sire with Rufus he’s entirely different!  Cream to Rufus’ red brindle, calm, not bitey, not too know it all however he keeps Rufus on his toes stealing toys and attacking a sleeping big brother when he wants to play and at the moment doesn’t seem quite as quick to learn as Rufus was.  ( maybe the spicier they are, the more intelligent they are?).  But what a lovely pair!   Always draw comments from people passing by and they are the happiest, friendliest boys. I’m so pleased I now have the 2 of them.   I used to have 2 brothers many years ago and so it just feels right!    

• Like 5

Hi thanks for the replies! Indeed two are twice as nice! I will attempt some pictures 🤞🏼The carpet squares are for my boarding cattery but seem to have been  taken.image.thumb.jpeg.3f4a7f384afabc94dd2818582a0b857e.jpeg  

Spoiler

• Like 1

Couple more pictures. Vinnie had long grey outer coat with black tips, I pulled that and his underwear was lovely cream, now starting to get wiry for the winter!

image.jpeg

23EFE9D8-0705-4D9B-B308-550EA5046912.jpeg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

What fun!   The younger ones seem to know no boundaries! Stealing what they shouldn’t, playing when big brother is trying to sleep, asking for cuddles when big brother is a a more ‘self contained’ sort of chap, until he perceives he’s missing out!  Great fun!  Enjoy x

I know!!!! Ella loved to steal socks, would even dive into the laundry basket while I was hanging clothes on the line! what a stinker. Needless to say, on Santas' list are always socks for my husband and I....at least for the first year!~ shoes too  

🥴I feel your pain Rufus swallows his treasures straight down. A few vet trips to be sick while he was younger! Now we are much more watchful but he still steals socks and if we are not quick enough he swallows them. Whole!   He has an enormous gape and seems able to just open his throat. He also turns into a were wolf if we try to get things off him so have to ignore what he’s doing and just offer high value treats to distract him.    He is so bad!  Vinnie is sweeter and gentle and will give up without a fight. Bless!

They are adorable and I'm sure they keep you on your toes!

Atticus loves socks too, and will grab them at every opportunity. Thankfully he just likes to sit with them and doesn't attempt to eat them! THAT would give me a heart attack!

I can't wait to watch these two grow up in your posts. :)

• Like 1

Well I’m hoping one day to reach that high plateau with Rufus!   I won’t hold my breath!   But they are very good boys at the vets when they go straight on the scales and sit quietly without fuss to be weighed. Makes me proud😁 out in their first snow!C9A08EFC-638C-49DA-AD0C-F0D8365EA64F.thumb.jpeg.d9c84cf24ebc63b732e7ec9a65cc3b8b.jpeg

• Like 2