CairnTalk

Short intro...and a Cairn question

Susan

Hi! I've just registered and wanted to introduce myself to all you fellow Cairn lovers. Right now, I have a four year old female Cairn, a lovely little black brindle, named Nikki. She's my baaaaby! For many years before that, I had Sydney, another female brindle Cairn. She was the sweetest dog. Between the two, I've owned Cairns about 20 years now, and I love to chat about their goofy personality and loving nature.

So here's a question. When Nikki gets really excited about something, she makes this sound at me....it's a long, drawn-out ARRROOOOoooooo!! It's the silliest thing ever. So do any of your Cairns do the same thing, or is mine just weird?

Oh my...Nikki loved those sound files! In particular, the panting one had her convinced another dog was somewhere in the room. lol! And they even had an "Arrrooooo" sound on there. lol.

Susan

Hello. I just registered, and though we've had Suzie almost 10 months, we're still pretty new to the Cairn breed. We have a WONDERFUL breeder, who is a friend of a friend, and we've learned soooo much from her. She's become very dear to our family. Suzie goes and stays with them when we have to travel, and we're fortunate to have such them.

Suzie finally got over barking at the TV, HOWEVER, she ABSOLUTELY HATES the computer to make noise. We're not able to play a game, CD or sound clip without her barking uncontrollably. As soon as the sound is gone, she lays back down.

I hope to chat with other Cairn faithfuls through this site.

Hiya!

Welcome to the board! I'm new to this board too.

So Suzie doesn't like the computer to make sounds? Then you really need to go to that website up above and click on all the dog noises just for fun. lol!

When Nikki was little, she'd sit on my lap while I was working on the computer, and she always wanted to chase the cursor on the screen. I was constantly having to clean nose prints off the monitor! And if she wasn't doing that, she'd be doing something naughty under my desk...like pulling on wires. When she pulled the wrong one and a little speaker fell off the back of the desk and scared her to death, that pretty much cured her of THAT bad habit! Now she just sits under there and chews on my feet. lol!

Take care! Susan

• 2 weeks later...

Suzie hates the office, and when she wants me to get off the computer, she goes underneath and starts pulling cords. She certainly knows how to get me out of the office.

Hi all, my name is Melanie and I found this forum a couple weeks ago. I find myself checking it a couple times a day, if not for support to have a good laugh. My Max is 8 months old and my very first Cairn. Needless to say he is pooping me out from all his energy. Since the weather hit 60 today we went for our very first walk in the park, it didn't go so well. :wink:

He loves everybody way way to much and wants to socialize with whom or whatever comes our way. I look forward to visiting with other Cairn owners to learn as I go since this is like no other breed I have ever had. :P I love him to death and can't wait every day to see what happens next.

Maxwell

• 1 month later...
:halo: hi, I had a female cairn name toto which we put to sleep after 12 beautiful years due to cancer. toto was the sweetest baby i ever had., now i have a male dog who is a dog from :devil: he has so much engery and so far hard to potty train toto was easy this one is a :devil: but i am falling in love with the little :devil: he loves chewing my feet nose ears hair you name it he chews it. We have name him scamp. keep in touch :halo:

Archived