CairnTalk

Introducing Kirby!

Carey

We welcomed Kirby to the family 6 weeks ago! It has been a long time since we had a "baby" puppy. Reading everyone's posts while we prepared for and then brought him home has been very helpful!. He certainly brings so much energy into the house! He is now 15 weeks old.

image.png.c817d43c2e54b144d90f3b7060f6acd6.png

image.thumb.png.bf0f05d8a158a86d3c2da73df6e70c9e.png

• Like 2

Such a cute puppy! Of course, they are all cute but -- Kirby is particularly cute! And I can see that cairn intelligence in his eyes...

Such fun. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Kirby sure is a cute little cucumber!❤️

(Wow! He already looks like he can take on the world)!

Edited by sanford
Correx.
  • Like 1

FEAR THE CAIRN!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Carey said:

Eliz222 -- Kirby is great! 4.5 months old and into everything! I am ready for teething to be over, but already missing my "baby". How is Atticus?

Atticus just turned 7 months old today! He is doing great! Housebroken and doing well with commands such as sit, stay, come, and leave it....although leave it is a skill that seems to come and go with Atticus!

Teething was hard for me. Atticus was not a biter, in which we were very thankful, but those darn needles.....I mean teeth....got in the way all the time! He loves to play on the floor and sometimes his teeth would meet my fingers or hands....ouch! I bought lots of band aids and was soooo thankful when his last tooth fell out! I predict Kirby's teeth will fall out very soon. It's kind of scary seeing bloody toys while he is playing, but it doesn't last long!

4 hours ago, Dogcoat lady said:

Atticus is always busy.  Not that I know that first hand…it’s a hunch.:)

Yes, he is always on the move! He does crash hard, which is a good thing! :)

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 6:46 PM, Eliz222 said:

Atticus just turned 7 months old today! He is doing great! Housebroken and doing well with commands such as sit, stay, come, and leave it....although leave it is a skill that seems to come and go with Atticus!

Teething was hard for me. Atticus was not a biter, in which we were very thankful, but those darn needles.....I mean teeth....got in the way all the time! He loves to play on the floor and sometimes his teeth would meet my fingers or hands....ouch! I bought lots of band aids and was soooo thankful when his last tooth fell out! I predict Kirby's teeth will fall out very soon. It's kind of scary seeing bloody toys while he is playing, but it doesn't last long!

Last incisor is coming in now...I haven't seen any blood on toys yet, but expect that will happen when he loses baby molars/canines... Kirby is so smart -- can sit, down, wait, off (my chair), roll over, shake, and come. Leave it and drop it not so much yet...

On 1/12/2022 at 2:24 PM, Dogcoat lady said:

Atticus is always busy.  Not that I know that first hand…it’s a hunch.:)

Cairns! We are almost finished with a puppy class. Kirby is the youngest, but the other puppies (no terriers) are so much calmer...