CairnTalk

Warning...be careful kicking that ball!

Eliz222

A few weeks ago Scout and Finch were driving me crazy. There was snow on the ground and the temp was very, very cold. The dogs hadn't been outside in days, other than to do their "duty". I decided to kick a ball around for them. Scout will chase the ball, but Finch will not only chase the ball, she uses her nose to "push" the ball around the yard for several minutes at a time.

Warning...never kick a frozen ball! The soccer ball was slightly deflated and was very cold. My foot hurt a little, but started to get worse as time went on. I have been wearing a walking boot for 3 weeks now and I'm looking at possible surgery if the cortisone shot I got today does not work (30% chance).

Sooooo....learn from my lesson....don't kick a frozen soccer ball! LOL!

Here is the famous ball after the snow melted.

21905famoussoccerball8ni.jpg

Ouch Shoe! That's terrible! Sending "GET WELL" vibes and "NO SURGERY" thoughts your way...

:hug:

Guest webstar

Get well wishes are going your way Shoe. I always bring Molly's soccer ball in when we are done playing. She loves to nose it around and climb and roll all over it while snarling at it because she can't sink her fangs into it. We keep the ball well inflated so that she can't put holes in it. MG

Ouch. Scout and Finch did they laugh? I hope you get well soon!

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Shoe,

I'm so sorry about your foot. I hope the cortisone shot works and you won't have to have surgery. Take it easy and get well soon!! Keep us posted.

Jan

Thanks for all the well wishes! The girls have gotten use to seeing me dragging around with this boot. What they really miss are their walks! I feel sooo guilty for not being able to take them on walks. DH will walk them down the street, but that about all. I'm thinking of asking my nephew if he will come over and walk with them. Anyone know what the cost of this is??

Ouchie!!! I'm sending good thoughts your way for a speedy recovery (no surgery!). Scully sends hugs and kisses!

Thanks all! It's still pretty sore, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Brad, my "name" is shoe because my DH is in the shoe business...he owns a manufacturing company that makes women's dress shoes...drives him crazy that I wear mostly tennis shoes...lol!

Anyway...I don't think we will be seeing this "boot" on the store shelves any time soon! :P

Archived