CairnTalk

Raspberry bushes Sam and the mice

Sam I Am

I am still chuckling...as an avid  gardener I spend a lot of time in my yard. One of my areas is a raised cedar box filled with raspberry bushes. Both dogs love eating the fruit however Sam has been digging under the raised garden as I have previously posted in this months photo of the month. DH decided that perhaps it was a good idea to block the hole Sam was creating under neath the box. Mmmm bad move...a focused Cairn is a determined Cairn and where there is a will there is always a way! 

Sipping my morning coffee , looking out my kitchen window, I see my raspberry bushes moving..mmmmm...no he wouldn’t.yup he would. Sam decided that if he can’t get at the mouse house from beneath, he will just hop into the raised box and dig his way down to those pesky mice🤭  I went out and lo and behold Sam was up to his elbows in dirt making his way down to the house mouse.

Gotta love a terrier!🐾🐾💕

• Haha 3

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

I love the way these smart terriers figure things out: can't go in from below, then try it from the top!  I have seen way too many instances of this kind of terrier logic, and it always gets my two in trouble...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, bradl said:

... they love a challenge :P 

"A barrier is like a dare"..."can't go in from below, then try it from the top!" 

Cairn on a fence                                                                            Stew in a tree

55536479_CairnonfenceA592FE9D-BEB3-45F2-8186-0AA8DA9E2C6E.thumb.jpeg.b25f5d691472a82f5abe53e541fac748.jpeg   1984750284_StewinTree524244_4278734895984_1982643727_ncopy3.jpg.44a978ce57b1304657070275d381c073.jpg

Edited by sanford
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Thanks for the laughs this a.m.  Reminds me of the antics of my Jack Russell, who climbed ladders to get onto the roof, and went up trees after the cat.

• Haha 2

I could not upload the video...too large...this is the short version..this is the tree after husband trimmed it...

20210819_080030.jpg

Edited by Pepper Bug's Mom

Pepper's Mom

We don’t have any rats in Alberta....yikes, I would be hiding in the house if I saw one. 👀

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

We have them everywhere here in Bellingham - we are close to the water where we live.  That rat jumped out of the wood pile (made me jump too!) and ran up the tree.  We have a have a heart trap as well as snap traps...

Pepper's Mom

Pepper’s Mom... Your video brought back happy memories of Ruffy’s younger days in the park when he would relentlessly bark at and chase squirrels (not rats) up the trees. We were reprimanded 3 different times for disturbing the peace: Once by a guy who was “trying to read.” Another time by a woman who shook her finger at me and complained, “I could hear your dog barking clear across the park!” A third person was annoyed because she thought Ruffy was hurt🤪.

PS. I forgot... A fourth time someone in the dog run, (of all places) complained: “Why is your dog the only one barking in here”?

(I miss those wonderful days)!

Edited by sanford
  • Haha 2

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Pepper escaped a couple of days ago while people were trying to get our boat ready on the trailer...I heard her barking and someone said that sounds like Pepper and I said "No, she is in the yard" - ha ha!  Someone had left a gate open and she was down the street and trying to kill a freshly killed racoon!  I couldn't believe it!!! Biting and barking! She was easy to pick up and take home - not going anywhere in her frenzy! Normally she doesn't touch anything if it is dead.  I washed her mouth out good and bathed her too.

• Haha 1

Pepper's Mom