CairnTalk

Reunion Visit

bradl

In the spirit of sharing some Cairn life...

Elroy went for a visit to his breeder's house to have a brief reunion with his prior owner who was on a field trip from his assisted care residence for the purpose. Elroy was very nervous going over (he probably thought he was going to get groomed) but once there he nestled in with Ed for some quality snuggling and patting time. I'm telling you, Elroy is an angel in a fur suit.

IMG_1439.jpeg

Also visiting with Ed was Elroy's elder former housemate, Jimmy, now living the life of Riley in a great new home.

IMG_1428.jpeg

Dundee and Stella and Jimmy were obedience contemporaries and used to train on Wednesdays in the same classes, back when that was possible. 

A bonus treat on the outing was a chance to visit with a passle of very cute and highly socialized puppies, at least one of which you may see on here in the coming months :whistle:  — no, not us!

IMG_1437.jpeg

IMG_1424.jpeg

• Like 3

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

What a wonderful day had by all💕💕🐾🐾

I see a future for Elroy as a therapy dog!

Edited by Sam I Am
  • Like 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Little Elroy has a heart of gold. 

And that pup on the far right -- can I have that one?  A ringer for our Oban when he was that age...and we still see that look a lot lately whenever the watermelon comes out...

• Like 4

Elroy DOES have a heart of gold, what a cutie pie!

Oh, those puppies......be still my beating heart!!

ps. I will be back soon with another midget to share too!

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to be present at the reunion, and can testify that it was heartwarming on a lot of levels. It meant so much to Ed to see his boys, and it must be so reassuring to know that they have great homes now that he can no longer care for them himself. Elroy and Jimmy were happy to see him, too. It was also great for Jimmy’s new mom to get a sense of the loving community that he has. 

And yes, one of those darling puppies now lives at my house!

• Like 1