CairnTalk

Ruffy died today...

sanford

He apparently had a heart attack and collapsed in the lobby of my building and died in my arms as we were preparing to go for a walk. It was not unexpected -- he had been ailing with a worsening heart condition for some time now and I'm thankful that it was quick and that he didn't suffer.

I gave Ruffy the best life!...And Ruffy did the same for me!

Groomer's Delight IMG_1925.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

FEAR THE CAIRN!

I am so sorry sanford. I am so grateful you shared Ruffy with us. I could not agree with you any more strongly -- you and Ruffy really have each given each other the best life. Even our lives have been better for knowing the two of you. Dogspeed Ruffy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

So sorry to hear this, Sanford. Loved hearing about Ruffy living the high (rise) life in Manhattan.

Thinking of you & Ruffy tonight with tears and smiles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh Stanford I am so sorry. What a lovely boy he was.  I always enjoyed all the tales about Ruffy. What a shock for you..my thoughts are with you . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

oh sanford so sad to hear this news. We felt we knew Ruffy too. You and he seemed just right for one another. For us country folk tales of city life were a wonder and delight.:hug:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh no! Such hard news to hear, and I am sure you are grieving for him.  You did give him a wonderful life as he gave his best to you.  All of us here will miss hearing about his antics and your city adventures.

I remember fondly those great photos of Ruffy you posted so often -- in his costume, on his balcony. I had always thought that you and Ruffy should have gotten together with Lori and Dempsey to create a book called "City Dog, Country Dog," as a little take-off on City Mouse, Country Mouse.  It could have been a best seller -- on CairnTalk, at least.

My thoughts are with you. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

oh my, this hits hard. i know he wanted to be with you till such a moment. i have lost a dog very suddenly, it is so hard, especially with a grand man like this. he is so important to you, he wants you to look after yourself. he is with you.

yes, you gave him the best life. 

Edited by pkcrossley
  • Like 1

I am so sorry, It is so sad. 

Thank you for sharing him with us.

Thoughts are with you.

Death leaves a heartache that no none can heal, Love leaves a memory that no one can steal.

• Like 2

Thank you all for your kind and thoughtful replies. Your consolation and support are deeply appreciated at this sad time. 

This forum has been such a valuable part of my life for so long -- I would like to continue to participate, even though Ruffy is gone. Maintaining  contact with the wonderful folks on this site would mean a great deal to me.

• Like 3

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Sanford perhaps in time you will find another sweet soul like Ruffy. We would miss you if you left this forum.Just like I miss others like Dempsey’s mum Lori and many more.

Edited by Sam I Am
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

of course you must stay here. you know what makes this community work, it is love of cairns and experience with cairns, all of which you have in abundance. we are just so sorry that you and Ruffy parted so suddenly. 

• Agree 2

We would miss your experience and your love and understanding of cairn terriers if you left.

I think at the right time a cairn who is waiting and wondering somewhere will find you and you him/her.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

My grateful thanks to all for your kind and thoughtful words. They inspired me to share a final thought:

It meant the world to have Ruffy as my steady companion throughout the isolation of the Covid lockdown... and I believe it was his gift to me to wait for the crisis to ease up before taking his leave.💖

• Like 5

FEAR THE CAIRN!

17 hours ago, sanford said:

My grateful thanks to all for your kind and thoughtful words. They inspired me to share a final thought:

It meant the world to have Ruffy as my steady companion throughout the isolation of the Covid lockdown... and I believe it was his gift to me to wait for the crisis to ease up before taking his leave.💖

that's the kind of guy he was, under his gruff exterior. he'll always look after you. 

• Like 1

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  We always enjoyed hearing Ruffy's storys.  We had some great times on Cairn Talk and they will always be treasured.   Our cairns just mold into us and it hurts so to lose their furry little physical bodies.  The little attitudes that we put up with every day.  Our little roommates.  God bless you Sanford.  God bless little Ruff.  You were good for each other - quite the pair.  

Lori - Meeko - Stella and Vinny 

• Like 5

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

• 1 month later...

Sanford, I am so sorry for your loss, I wish I had logged in sooner to see your post and respond in a more timely fashion!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sanford I am so sorry for your loss. Ruffy was a character who leaves an indelible imprint on us all.

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF