CairnTalk

Now we are two

bradl

Happy Birthday Elroy. Make your uprights give you lots of treats and don’t act your age...which of course you won’t do till you reach the big 3.😂😂🐾🐾🤣💕

• Like 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Happy birthday from sister Aila, who shares Elroy’s birthday. We think she’s still a puppy, though she keeps telling us she’s all grown up. 

57F62E99-32F0-40E1-8992-493777E712EE.jpeg

• Like 6

Look at that handsome face! I hope they get to meet up again. 

Those squeakies are definitely Aila’s favorites, and I think I hear her muttering ”my precious” as she carries them around. 

8A678C86-A457-4A91-A595-9D4897FC8293.jpeg

Edited by calypso
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Happy birthday, Elroy! You certainly have cause to celebrate -- but then, if treats are involved, don't cairns always want to celebrate? Right now, hearing that you are having a birthday, my two are asking "where are the cookies? where is the cake? And what about the ice cream?"  I hope you get yours, Elroy. Be sure to share with Dundee...

(Seriously, around here we have a ban on squeaky toys. The guys have lots of balls, lots of ropes, lots of chews. We plan fetch a lot, though Angus would never think it is enough. But that hours-long squeaking and squeaking and squeaking -- how can you stand it?? Fingernails on a blackboard...)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can see why the squeaky toys are banned at your house! Luckily, Aila loves to catch them, loves to inventory them, but doesn’t ingest them or squeak and squeak and squeak…

• Like 1

Sam only gets the toy box taken down when supervised...he eats them!  If I leave him with any toy there are always legs and tails missing off the toys ..giving me heart attacks. So it does not happen now unless I am playing with him. Which I must say he loves and demands this every evening.

• Like 2

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Happy Birthday, Elroy! My son use to walk into our home in directly go to the squeaky tennis ball and place it on top of the mantle. He hated that noise! Me? I think I just learned to tune it out.

• 2 months later...
On 6/10/2021 at 4:19 PM, bradl said:

The worst thing about those particular squeakies is when he's left one under foot and I step on it when I stand up. Startles me every time.

Same here.  For me, though, it can be any of the toys -- harking back to the days of potty training, and I thought we were finally there, only to step into a surprise.  So, my foot touches something, and I 'dance.'

• Haha 1

Happy birthday, Elroy!  You look like my own 'Toto,' who turned 3 in May.  While I admit I am happy some of the puppy is behind us, I do miss those antics.  Sometimes.