CairnTalk

Cairn Breeder near New Hampshir

Jalvord

I am having little luck finding a breader. I would like to get a Cairn to replace two that past away over the last year, but have not had any responses to emails. If there is a breeder out their with a litter please email me.

Here are a few generic searching tips for anyone on the hunt:

• In your email, try to provide enough information to give a sense of who you are and what your home environment is like.
  • If you get no response to email, try the phone. While some breeders do well with email and prefer it for screening, others prefer to get a sense of you by interactively talking, rather than trading messages. Also, some breeders have an email address but rarely check it. They just aren't 'wired' - and with email basically having been ruined by spam and viruses, I'm not sure I can blame them.
  • When you call, mind the time zones - call at a respectful hour of the day or evening. This is easier to do if you're looking in your local area, of course.
  • Leave a message and your number, but don't expect someone to necessarily return a call long distance. Instead, mention when you plan to call back and try again.
  • Follow up. Try again. Be patient, be persistent.
  • Be flexible if you can, as to age and sex of dog.
  • Consider widening your circle. Sometimes adding an extra hundred miles or two to what you'd be willing to travel can open up a lot more possibilities.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Jalvord, e-mail me privately if you want. I got my Digby from a wonderful breeder in NH. E-mail me and I will tell you all about her.

Just to give you a little background, she has been doing it for over 30 years, has a high standard for the look and health/temperment of her dogs, and about the best ethical standard of any breeder I have ever run into. She has actually become a close friend at this point, thats how wonderful she is! The bad news is, she has a waiting list for pups. But I don't think it is too long, and it is DEFINATELY worth the wait.

E-mail me and I will give you her information.

I attached a picture so you can get an idea of what her dogs look like too. This is Digby at 9 month old, 17 pounds. He is considered 'Red' in color. And he is smart as a whip!

post-387-1108171209_thumb.jpg

“In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog.”

-Hoagland

Here is another of him as a whole....

post-387-1108171289_thumb.jpg

“In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog.”

-Hoagland

Wow, thanks so much Webstar. Digby would no doubt be totally flattered, he is a humble little fella. Good question you ask though...Depending in the light he can look different. In the second picture, it was daylight out, and you can tell he looks a little lighter. But in soft unnatural light, the red hues show really nicely. Although in the really bright sunlight, it shows well too. His face lost alot of the black around the muzzle, I was bummed at first but I like the way he is turning out. His back and body is what reveals the most red in his coat. He has changed alot though, and the breeder knew he would turn out this way, even though he was almost brindleish when he was a young pup.

His dad (Stuart) was all black, and the sweetest little Cairn I had ever met, the main reason I wanted a pup from him. He was absolutely beautiful and Digby ended up looking just like him. I always get flashes of his Dad in Digby all the time..Whether it is somethihg he will do, or a way he will stand or something-it is amazing to me. The mother was a cutie too.

I love this dog, and he is a Cairn to the core. Is there anything better ? !

-Hoagland

Newcairn..

I think you and I dealt with the same breeder. If we did, she is one of the nicest people I've ever met and her dogs, all 20 of them were outstanding. I just love talking with her and know if I ever needed any help with Elliott, she'd be there for me. That's a breeder I will do business again with (when hubby lets me get another one)

Here's a pic of Elliott at around 10 weeks or so.

elliott1.jpg

number1.jpg

Love the pics of Elliott and Digby!

Grilly came from that breeder too! It is funny, they all look alike!

We should have a "family" reunioun (sp)

P.S. We are on her waiting list for a baby sister for Grilly...

69237922.jpg

Wow, Digby, Elliot and Grilly really do a lot alike. I love the picture of Digby looking like he is "guarding" the doorway...Elliot looks like he's in the same stance. And Grilly looks like he's tired out from a long day of guarding.

I really like the red Cairns and am trying to convince Liddy that she should try to change from her grey brindle to red.

Jalvord, good luck finding a breeder...you already have the right breed picked out!

I am also looking for a reputable breeder in New Hampshire but I am having no luck via the internet search. I have tried to PM newcairn and when I try to PM the board is not allowing me to PM. I am registered, how come I can't PM.

I realize you cannot list breeder referrals on posts...can anyone help me?

Thank you in advance.

Molly

Hi Mollyrocker. You can't PM because you haven't yet completed your registration. The board sends an email when you first register and you must click on the link it contains to validate your address and complete the registration.

I mention this for others who may wonder why certain features aren't available to them. If it says your group is 'validating' under your name in posts, you're not quite done registering.

Tip: Sometimes spam filters will trap emails sent by forum scripts - check in your 'junk mail' folder.

Tip: After logging in, click the Resend Validation link at the top of the page.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

I think I also got my puppy from the same breeder. Both the puppy and the breeder are awesome! Once we decided we wanted a Cairn it only took about 6 months for Chi to come home. We have never had a puppy before and were not totally prepared for all the excitement that one creates (but we have another dog - we got as a rescue and 4 small children). It has been great!!! Cairns are wonderful dogs.

Maggie

I don't believe this breeder advertises. She was recommended to me by a forum member.

There was alot of information she needed from me and questions that had to be answered before I was even put on a waiting list.

Archived