CairnTalk

Speaking of Cairn gas.........

wheezie23

Is this a common thing? At first I thought it was just Tucker b/c Scruffy certainly doesn't have it. But I read more and more about these guys letting off silent bombs. Tucker is notorious for letting them go when he's napping. I tell you, I can't get to the air freshener fast enough! :sick: The only thing Tucker gets that Scruffy doesn't is his Omega 3 capsule. Could that be it?? :huh:

Thela

I don't think that the Omega 3 capsule is what is causing the "problem". Mine doesn't take any supplements and he is DEADLY when it comes to gas. :sick: Skeeter is just like yours...while he is taking a nap his digestive system is definitely not sleeping at all.

I notice that with Digby, if I give him anything other than his food he tends to have gas. I learned, the smelly way, that he and I are better off with him just eating the same food (canidae) and the same treats (Canidae Snaps) every day. Otherwise he gets gassy particularly when he sleeps, and I get sick.

“In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog.”

-Hoagland

LOL...Scully seems to prefer being near grandmom when it's time for an "outlet." Invariably I'll hear my mom say, "Scully, why do you ALWAYS have to come over here and do that!" :D

Newcairn, the funny thing is that because Tucker is on a restricted diet for his allergies, he gets nothing but his Nutro Chicken & Oatmeal and his treats are the Nutro Rice & Chicken treats. That's it. I don't give him anything else. I think he's just a gassy kid! Ugh!! :sick:

Thela

Duffy has killer stink bombs too, always has, and now we have Holly the Basset who also has killer gas. Thank goodness we are a smoke free family as lighting a match around those two would be disastrous :D

MikeC

Forgot to login. 

Tip some may find helpful: If you're the primary user of your computer, you can stay logged in to the forum more or less forever by checking the 'remember me' box on the login page, or using the quick login box at the top of the main page. I'm lazy so I only ever log out to verify a login for someone else. Obviously I don't stay logged in on the road or using a library or hotel computer, etc. where the next person using it could post as me, though. But at home and work and on our laptop, I'm more or less permanently logged in.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Archived