CairnTalk

Hello Everyone!

kt111

Hi Everyone!

I am new here and I would like your opinion on my new little rescue. I think he may be part Cairn because of his color, but he also looks like he could be part Yorkie. He is only 8 or 9 lbs. His coat was longer, but in bad shape, so the rescue clipped him. I was in search of a Cairn mix, but when I came across Mochi, I fell in love with him. 
Thank you in advance for your time. :)

• Like 2

I can understand why you fell in love with Mochi... he looks like a sweetheart. 

When a pooch is clipped the way Mochi has been, it can be hard to identify breed background. (Even cairns don’t look like cairns when they’re closely clipped). Wait a few months or so until his coat grows in, to see what he really looks like. I’m betting on cairn!😀 Send us a photo showing the “new” Mochi!

Edited by sanford
  • Like 1

FEAR THE CAIRN!

he sure looks cairny to me. I agree with sanford, he may look even more cairny as his fur grows out. if he is cairn, you will start to feel it as soon as he feels comfortable in your house. congratulations!

I think we should consider him cairn, because he is simply too cute for us here to give him over to someone else's dog breed forum... 

Hi Mochi -- I am betting that the glint in your eye is your little cairn-y brain plotting to run as much of your new household as possible. How far he gets with that may tell you how much cairn there is in that little dog!

He is adorable, and he is lucky to have found a good terrier home.

• Like 2

I agree...Mochi  is adorable and no doubt that there is a strong  influence of “Cairnism” 🐾🐾

How old is he?

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Thanks to all of you for saying such nice things and making Mochi and I feel welcome. The vet says Mochi is 2 or 3 years old. I just love him and we have been great companions for each other so far. I took him for his first puppucino at Starbucks on Saturday. I really enjoy his company. Thank you again for your friendly comments and compliments on Mochi! I’ll keep you posted on his behavior. My granddog is 1/2 Cairn, so I know how they can rule a household and everyone in it....and I love it.

• Like 2

"Unfortunately I couldn't open the pics not sure why."

me neither. something happened to them. he's cute, though!

I can still see the first one; the second two have gone missing for me too. I suspect a connection issue between our site and the remote image storage location. It might reconnect on its own, if not I'll open a support ticket.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Better brains than mine have had a look and report that the missing images are, indeed, missing. :( No one knows why, exactly. It's a mystery!

Perhaps @kt111 can repost the ones that disappeared. Sorry about that!

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

If I only knew how to rotate them so you didn’t have to stand on your head to view them. Thanks again everyone for responding to my post. 😊

Edited by kt111

• 3 weeks later...