CairnTalk

Looking for puppy in new england

lindasue

In late April we lost our Pegi suddenly to IMHA. She was fine one day, lethargic the next and gone a few days later, in spite of the efforts by all involved. It was such a shock as she was only 10 and has taken a few months to recover. 

Now we are searching for another cairn pup.  I have contacted many breeders thru email but found that many did not breed due COVID.  

We are located in Massachusetts - if anyone out there has info on a litter or on a breeder getting ready I would appreciate feedback .  Our house is way too quiet.

Be safe everyone.  

Linda & Pegi

I'm so sorry to hear about Pegi :( 

If you haven't browsed the national site's breeder referral listing, here's the link to that: https://cairnterrier.org/index.php/Breeders/list-by-state. Good luck. 

For our visitors, as always anyone who knows of particular breeders or dogs must send that information to lindasue directly by PM. Thanks.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

So sorry for your loss.

Many, perhaps most dog breeders now advertise on line. It's how I found Angus but it took a long time because I wanted to follow certain guide lines.

The pup must be within driving distance from my home. 

I wanted to see the pup in his/her home surroundings and meet his/her parents and siblings. 

I wanted to talk with the breeder and ask questions about pedigree, health, why showing or not showing etc. I wanted a breeder that would care where his/her pups were going and ask me questions.

I finally did come up with someone who met these criteria She had four lively little boys ready for their new homes. I visited more than once. We talked and talked. She had shown cairns a few times but was not really interested in the show world. I met dad, mom and grandma of the pups and saw how they lived and how the pups were raised. I played with the pups while the breeder told me about them. We settled one we thought was best fit for me and pup and Angus came to live with me. I kept in touch with the breeder.

You are familiar with cairns so you are in a good position to judge a breeder. There are people out there who do not show but still breed lovely dogs for the love of the breed.

Be patient and good luck. 

• Like 2

Thanks Brad I did use the list and am in a waiting list with one Mass. breeder and another in Long Island. I also made sure my email address is in my profile in case anyone had trouble reaching me.  

I continue to look!

• Like 1

Linda & Pegi