CairnTalk

Traveling Cairn

Baerchen

I'm planning a trip in early February and am able to bring little paw with me. So, in my excitement, I went out and purchased a medium S***** On Wheels. Ha, Ha - It arrived on Monday. And my worst fear was confirmed. I didn't measure her correctly. She did fit laying down but, she didn't want to go in (and nor did I force her). But, it just looked too small. Well, being the hard-headed type that I am - I returned the medium and have ordered a large. The rep said that this should best suit her (and her growing). Have any of you had experience with carriers with your pups or adults?

Enya's Mommy

www.dogster.com/?91068

I guess it depends on the size of each individual dog. My cairn travels with me quite frequently in a medium sized carrier. He is able to stand up in it. If you are travelling by plane, you may want to ask your vet about some sleepy pills.

I did some practice runs (with lots of patience and treats) putting her in through the top instead of the front entrance. And when I closed it up, she could stand. But, I started worrying thinking she's still growing and if it seemed cramped to me. :confused:

Enya's Mommy

www.dogster.com/?91068

Calli travels with me alot by car always in her medium Sherpa bag. It looks cramped but she can stand up in it and turn around (it is only a couple of inches longer than she is) which are the requirements for the airlines. She has been traveling in it since she was about 4 months old so she is used to it. It isn't super roomy but she seems fine with it - like a little safe haven or den.

Archived