CairnTalk

Elsie

Dempsy's Mom

I don't know if I ever shared with you folks the loss of Elsie.  I had to put Elsie down in November of 2019 due to heart and I still think of her nearly every day.  I would love the chance to have her back again.  Elsie and Dempsy had such great times  together.  So now I have three little Yorkie rescues.  Max is 15 - he has such character.  Meeko is 13 - just a rollypolly little happy go lucky and the newest member (2 months) is Stella - 8 years she is the least socialized.  She came from a puppy mill in Missouri.  She gets more and more comfortable every day, but still has a ways to go.  She must of been struck alot - trust is not in her mindset.  While I love these 3 little troopers I do still have a yearning for a cairn.  Hope you all are doing well. 

IMG_0814.JPG

P1010682.JPG

• Like 4

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Hi Lori - I knew you had lost Elsie, and can no longer remember how I learned that. Perhaps you mentioned it when you introduced those two new little rascals to us?

When I log onto Cairntalk, I often wonder if I will see you here, and I still cherish the lovely photo stories and videos you put together showing your "farm hands." And of course, I will never forget the pleasure of meeting Dempsey in person, and seeing him meet Allie (compatible souls) and T Bone (alas, not so compatible. But that was T Bone).

I think what I loved most about your "Elsie stories" was her willingness to be your sidekick on the farm equipment, sharing jokes and watching out the windows for something interesting in the fields.  She seemed such an entertaining and agreeable companion.  

It's never easy to let them go. Dogspeed, Elsie.  We really loved hearing about your life.

• Like 3

Kathryn said it perfectly. I’m sure most of us here remember Elsie and Dempsey and their adventures on the farm. Your delightful stories were a highlight of this forum that we all looked forward to. I still recall with sadness, the day you described  driving with Elsie on your lap for her final visit to the vet. 

I look forward to reading about the new adventures of Max, Meeko and Stella!

• Like 3

FEAR THE CAIRN!

I was wondering about Elsie - so sorry.  It is so hard to lose these little love bugs.  I am glad you have found it in your heart to rescue these Yorkies!!!  Best of luck and we miss your tales on the farm with Dempsey and Elsie.  Do you still have the kitty?

• Like 2

Pepper's Mom

Must say I felt incredibly sad when both Elsie and Dempsey both died. They were such a pair that kept us all entertained with their adventures on the farm. Loved your videos Lori ..all of them. The cow ones, the kitty ones and those two rascals in what ever they were up to. Would love to see more videos of the trio of Yorkies although I am sure being a farm manager like Demps and assistant farm manager, Elsie, is not in their job description.Good for you homing these wee ones.They could not have a better life with you on the farm. 🥰 

I have a feeling that a Cairn will one day land up at your door step again. After all for anyone that has read “A Dogs  purpose” don’t be surprised if with just a glint in their eye your heart will skip a beat. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Dog's_Purpose

Edited by Sam I Am
  • Like 2

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Great comments to read and warm memories.  Elsie was like my right hand.  We really clicked like no other.  And yes I still have the white kitty that Elsie brought home to me.  I walk by their graves out back and talk to Els, Demps and Tater regularly and I inform Els that I could of done without Kitty .... although I love her dearly and she's a lovely cat her hair I could live without.  And then I inform Kitty of how lucky she is that Elsie took her in and brought her to my doorstep.  She just looks at me, rolls over on her back for a scratch and has absolutely no worries.  Thank you all for the kind work and memories - it sure was fun have Demps the farm Manager and Elsie the farm nurse/assistant manager. 🙂

• Like 5

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Our lovely, cheerful Elsie was so lucky to have found you, we know her great joy in farm life and her friendship with Dempsy. Thank you for everything you did for these two great souls.

And for your current little ones! To me, terriers are terriers. Cairns are the absolute terriers, but terrierism is indelible in any dog that has it. I'm with so many others here, would love to hear more about Meeko, Max and Stella. I think there is no doubt a cairn will one day seek you out. 

I'm so sorry, Lori.  I only now noticed your post.  

Elsie had a fantastic life with you; better than most dogs could ever dream.  Hugs to you, friend.  

• Like 1

Echoing Helen's post. I just am not on this site as much as I should be. Brings tears to my eyes. Abbott and Costello, Martin and Lewis, Rowan and Martin, Dempsey and Elsie class acts all.

• Like 2

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF