CairnTalk

Said good bye to my best friend

Eliz222

Hello everyone. I think I was a member here years ago, but it's been a long time. I grew up with Cairns my entire life. For the past 16 years we have had two sweet females. Scout and Finch. Scout passed away a few years ago at the age of 13, and Finch just passed away last month at almost 16 years. Finch was my best friend and I miss her terribly.

When I am ready, I would like to adopt another Cairn. In the mean time, I'm going to get my "Cairn" fix here. :)

The picture is Finch trying to lick a peanut butter jar clean!

IMG_20160211_185111.jpg

• Like 2

we all know how you feel. we know how hard it is. welcome, you can get a very big cairn fix here. Finch was gorgeous, and you did brilliantly getting her to such a grand age. 

5 minutes ago, pkcrossley said:

we all know how you feel. we know how hard it is. welcome, you can get a very big cairn fix here. Finch was gorgeous, and you did brilliantly getting her to such a grand age. 

Thanks, pkcrossley. I just love the spirit of Cairns. All my Cairns (except for Scout and Finch) were wheaten Cairns. Finch had a lot of red in her hair until the past few years when she turned all black just like her mama.

14 minutes ago, bradl said:

Welcome back (I remember Scout and Finchalthough very sorry for the reason :cry: 

Thanks, Bradl, I remember you too.

1 hour ago, Eliz222 said:

Finch was my best friend and I miss her terribly.

Your words struck a chord...I used those same words when I lost Carrington, my first Cairn, at 17. These are more than just words... They express the size and the ache of our loss - the special feelings we were lucky to have shared with our amazing companions.

P.S. Of course, I remember Scout and Finch from years ago. I assume you named them after the characters in the novel, "To Kill a Mockingbird". You might like to know that the author Harper Lee was my next door neighbor for many years, until her death several years ago. She was a wonderful, good-hearted  person that I felt privileged to have known, and we shared many good times together.

Edited by sanford
  • Like 1

FEAR THE CAIRN!

10 hours ago, sanford said:

Your words struck a chord...I used those same words when I lost Carrington, my first Cairn, at 17. These are more than just words... They express the size and the ache of our loss - the special feelings we were lucky to have shared with our amazing companions.

P.S. Of course, I remember Scout and Finch from years ago. I assume you named them after the characters in the novel, "To Kill a Mockingbird". You might like to know that the author Harper Lee was my next door neighbor for many years, until her death several years ago. She was a wonderful, good-hearted  person that I felt privileged to have known, and we shared many good times together.

Thanks, Sanford. I still look over at my couch expecting her to be there, and when I walk inside the house I listen for her running towards the door for a second until I realize she is gone. It's been almost a month and the pain is still very raw. I'm sure it will get better over time.

Yes, I named Scout and Finch after my favorite book. How lucky you were to live next door to Harper Lee!

So very sorry to hear of your loss.  Each dog I've lost has taken a little piece of my heart, so I know how you feel.

We'd love to have you hang out here for a Cairn fix.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hheldorfer said:

So very sorry to hear of your loss.  Each dog I've lost has taken a little piece of my heart, so I know how you feel.

We'd love to have you hang out here for a Cairn fix.  

Thank you, hheldorfer.

So sorry.  I remember Scout and Finch as well.  Our hearts are with you.  Hope to hear more from ya.

Tara, Mom of many, currently Nelly and Max 

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg