CairnTalk

Good bye

Idaho Cairns

Dear friends I know some of you have noticed my non-participation for over a year.  The reason is that I have waging a battle with small cell lung cancer since June of 2018.  Unfortunately it would appear I have lost that battle, I officially went into hospice today.  I am writing to all of you because you need to know and I want you to know.  You have been good companions for many, fun years.  I ask for nothing, no need to pray, unless you are a prayer, no condolences--i know you care,  Enjoy your Cairns and by the way Sammi and Bonnie are fine, aging little old ladies, Sammi a bit out of touch with reality at times but still hobbles around in her sunsetting routine--i think she will join me shortly.  Thanks again for the memories and I'll see you down the road.  Chuck  aka Idaho Cairns.

Bradl feel free to put this where it belongs, as always i couldn't figure it out.  Thanks

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Oh Chuck I am so sorry to hear this. I will miss your straight shooting attitude,your feisty retorts when one of us has to strong of an opinion plus your videos of your beloved Cairns, Bonnie and Sammi. Although I have never met you or your family, you feel like a part of this larger Cairn family . May the remainder of your time here on earth be filled with loving memories and give you the strength for a journey we will all undertake. Take care my friend and as the old Irish poem says, “ May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you are dead”. You will be missed . 

Lynn

• Like 2

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

As a long-time reader and very rare commenter of the page, this saddens me greatly. I do send my thoughts to you and your family; but most of all I want to say ‘thank you!’ for your amazingly wise, insightful and caring words over the years. I always looked forward to reading your input and thoughts on questions; and loved hearing about Sammie and Bonnie. You have had a real influence on my growth as a cairn owner. 
Thankyou,

Cath

• Like 2

When I joined Cairntalk one of the first posts I saw was a video of Bonnie and Sammi. I've enjoyed many others since. Have appreciated your sensible caring comments. They have enriched the whole forum. Thanks Chuck.

• Like 2

Not happy news to hear. Chuck you were one of the first people that I noticed when I joined Cairn Talk. Your posts were funny, emotional, informative and authoritative. The videos of the girls and the deers always entertained me. And your booming voice.

You are correct, we care, we will miss you.

God go with you.

Sassy and Dave

• Like 2

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

I did miss you and I will miss you. To be honest I much preferred my previous guess that you had wandered off because it was more fun to golf and watch the girls be adorable, as is their nature.

Your presence here was a gift to me and others. For me personally many's the time your straight-talking sensible contributions calmed me down; sometimes I just don't know what to say or am afraid to say what I'm thinking at the moment and you managed to thread a difficult needle with firm grace.  Plus those videos. So many smiles.  I know there will be smiles in the future when we revisit those many contributions, and a tip of that hat too. Respect. 

• Like 3

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

That is simply lousy news. And I really am saddened by it.  I had noticed you were not around, particularly now that I have two dogs that like each other (like Sammi and Bonnie) who have gotten into situations -- and photographic poses -- just like your girls. 

Idaho/Chuck -- thanks a million for all those times I was stressing about something in this forum, or stressing here about something in my life -- when your comments made me laugh out loud.  No-nonsense, straight-shooting, down-right sensible. Thanks for the perspective.

I always believed if we met face to face we might argue a little about politics but that would not matter -- we would more clearly laugh and become very good friends.  As I have felt you have been and are to all of us here. 

Hugs to you all. 

• Like 2

I will always remember your advice about the well aimed baseball cap.  It works! Thank you for all of your helpful advice. You will be missed.

• Like 1

Dear Chuck, how we love you and depend on you. I am a prayer. You, Bonnie, Sammi... we are with you as best we can be.  Beyond that, no words. Love you. 

Chuck, I hold back tears as I write this... Your wisdom and presence on this site have been an anchor for all. You enriched and supported us in ways beyond measure. As long as I have cairns -  for the rest of my life - you will never be forgotten and will always be missed. Thank you and Godspeed.

• Like 2

FEAR THE CAIRN!

So sorry, Chuck. You have always been a kind and comforting presence, as have all of my Cairn Talk friends. Please know we are all thinking of, and supporting you and your family.  Tara

• Like 1

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Dear Chuck - Pepper, Brodie and Teddy (the Lab) and myself have missed you!  Love the stories of Bonnie and Sammi and yes, the toss of the baseball cap at the barking Cairns!!!!  So sorry to hear about what you are going through and I will add a prayer candle for your to the ones I have burning for others on my fireplace mantle.   You will be missed....

• Like 1

Pepper's Mom

Crappy news to say the least.  I am thankful you have hospice.  I am more thankful our paths crossed in this great big world.  You left a mark on many of us, and I wish you nothing but peace in your final days.  Your legend will live on!  

Sending Cairn Love to you and your family.

Your Friends,  Tuesday & Murphy ❤️

• Like 3

Thank you for the stories and videos.  I love your honesty and no nonsense advise.  I know Sammi and Bonnie are loving you and still entertaining you with their daily actions.

• Like 3

I'm so, so sorry that I only now saw this post and it's breaking my heart.  You've been a big part of Cairn Talk since I first joined.  I can't imagine getting through my first year with Buffy without your wisdom and humor.  Bless you and yours, Chuck.  Rest assured that you will be fondly remembered by everyone here.

Helene

• Like 2

Tears here...

Heisler- Charles "Chuck" Heisler, 77, of Pocatello, Colonial Funeral Home, Services Pending, passed away on November 02, 2019.

Published in Idaho State Journal on Nov. 5, 2019

• Sad 7

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

So sad. I will miss him. Hugs to his family

• Like 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie