CairnTalk

Sam the killer

Sam I Am

Still shaking...yikes. A small bird hit out window and I couldn’t find it..Sam did. He moved like a streak of lightening grabbed the poor  thing and killed it before I could blink. He then ran off with it and know doubt would have eaten it but I lured him away with a piece of meat.  Ugh...I am not the kind of person to ever go hunting.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Look at this way. Sam saw fit to end the poor bird's suffering by dispatching it quickly rather than letting it suffer a slow death from the head trauma and likely internal bleeding.

Bravo, Sam! Good boy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes I know and it’s all natural I know..I am just a big weeny . Glad the bird didn’t suffer. And to of course understand the nature of Cairns and other terriers that have been bred for centuries to do exactly what Sam did. 

• Like 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

This is so distressful as none of us want to encounter this.

I agree with Ripper 70, Sam dispatched it quickly to avoid further distress.

Birds slamming into windows suffer breakage and damage to their delicate bones.

We have had a couple of birds fly into the house through our open French doors. We were able to usher them out, but I feared they would crash into something and hurt themselves. Big sigh of relief when they flew out!