CairnTalk

Duffy's new sister

MikeC

Some of you may remember that before Christmas I mentioned that we would be adopting a Basset. Well, I'm really happy to let you all know that we have been approved (yes, approved!) by the Basset rescue organization in central CA to adopt Holly. Holly is a 2 year old female tri-colored Basset. She loves other dogs, loves to play and is quite the cuddler. Duffy loves other dogs too and I think since their ages are so close that they will do quite well together. Holly has no food or toy agressions and neither does Duffy, so I think they will be quite the match. Holly should be joining our family within the next week or so and when I have a picture of her and Duffy together, I will make sure to post it. We are both really excited :D

MikeC

Oh, how exciting!!! I can't wait to see Holly's picture! You are in for a good time with two dogs....they are so much fun to watch while they play. We have never been sorry we adopted another dog. They keep each other company and that's worth their weight in gold!

Congratulations Mike! Holly is going to be the happiest hound in the world with the love she's going to get in your home. Can't wait to see pics!

Thanks all for your kind wishes. Yes Brad, being the dog lover that I am I have found so many wonderful qualities in the various breeds of dogs that I have owned over the years and am looking forward to my first hound! For me, the experience of being a multi-breed owner has been a high point in my life. When I watch the dog shows its tough for me not to be biased but I keep an open mind.

MikeC

Mike,

Congrats to your family! I think Duffy will have so much fun with a new sibling. Best wishes, and please keep us informed of the "meeting" between Duffy and his sister. :D

- Mp and Bosco

Archived