CairnTalk

Life With Cairns: Act 1 and 2

sanford

Act 1: Last summer, I wrote to CairnTalk asking for advice to keep my terrace plants safe from Ruffy, who had developed a fondness for eating the potting soil. It was suggested that I use some mesh netting or screening around the base of the plants to protect them, which I did. 

Act 2: Summer has come and gone and I didn't expect the asparagus fern to survive the cold winter, and it didn't - as you can see from the brown color in the attached photo, but I left it out there anyway, secure in the knowledge that it was safely barricaded from Ruffy - until today! 😱 (Notice the wire mesh on the ground and the scattered dirt). 

Will there be an Act 3? Who knows?

IMG_1675.JPG

• Haha 2

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Uhh huh.....where there is a will there is also a Cairn!  Sanford there is no end to the “act’” ..it a continues loop. 🤣

Sam and Rosie are up to their usual tricks now that the snow is all gone....turfing up grass, eating what ever is obviously tasty to them!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Brodie eats anything that is loose on the ground or in a pot!  The fresh grass at the dog park is another object to eat (all the dogs are doing this at this time of year).  I honestly cannot leave Brodie outside without supervision or he will find something to dig up and eat - found a peanut that a bluejay had hidden in one of the pots on the deck....ugh!

Pepper's Mom

Looks like a good idea helene and very attractive but I have to ask how high can Ruffy jump/climb?? Tipping that thing over would Ruffy's or any cairn's delight I'm thinking.

• Like 1