CairnTalk

Snowballs snowballs everywhere a snowball

remltr

It snowed at least 6" last night here in the Seattle area. Couldn't tell if Sassy was happy about it or not. I was laughing though, that is what counts. 😉

Poor girl trudging through snow a little higher than her belly to do her duty. Crazy antics trying to find her spot. Walked her right to it and she just wasn't having it. "Let's go across the street, Dad." "No it's right here." So we go across the street and she did her business on the sidewalk, enough to last her a couple days, smart girl. 

Racing to get home and ignoring the treat that I give her when she completes her mission.

Get in the house and now there are snowballs all over the place. Snowballs as big as 4" in diameter. Still as much left on her as she has already shed. She wants to lay down, but that means laying on the snowballs that are on her belly and legs. I tell her that they will melt soon, hang in there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

Sassy we all feel your pain. Sounds just like our household...the cold, standing on three legs trying to go potty, followed by the “potty dance” which entails much hopping around in circles , around and around, no not the right spot, more sniffing, more snowballs ..agggghhhh just go potty please!  Followed  by a very quick dash to the door! 

Just a footnote. -32 here in Edmonton this morning.🥶

Edited by Terrier lover
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Here's Oban on our deck in Minnesota a couple years ago.  But despite this snowy-dog look, he would prefer never to get wet or snowy, thank you very much. In the Minnesota winter, it is amazing how long he can "hold it" before he asks to go out.  Sometimes even to 9 or 10 in the morning.  We shovel a potty space for him...I have said before, if he were a girl he would be a diva...

Sassy, Sam and Rosie - he understands your pain!

40005814_SnowyObantest.jpg.7c9693f49f73ede484391499284804ad.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Loki loves the snow!  Today's snow was deeper than his legs are long, but he did a full mile this morning (and he didn't even fuss when I tried to get the snowballs off).  Now I've got a tired boy.  Perfect day.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Who rescued whom?

So long as one keeps good communication with their Cairns, one can simply put down a throw rug and insist that the dog groom itself without allowing one (1) snowball to hit the carpeting!  Just never lose sight about how intelligent Cairns really are.  It works and, as usual, I have a video to prove it!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Amazing! I don't know if that's Sammi or Bonnie, but whoever it is, does she make house calls? Ruffy could use her services!

• Haha 1

FEAR THE CAIRN!

7 hours ago, sanford said:

Snowdog_zps8ccd7b07.thumb.jpg.e4649384c8cff900ed9f844397bc3d7c.jpgI can never resist showing

one of my favorite snowball pics.

Once again, here it is:

MIchelin Man or Pillsbury Dough Boy? Can't even see the feet. How did that poor little guy even walk?

• Confused 1

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

6 hours ago, Idaho Cairns said:

So long as one keeps good communication with their Cairns, one can simply put down a throw rug and insist that the dog groom itself without allowing one (1) snowball to hit the carpeting!  Just never lose sight about how intelligent Cairns really are.  It works and, as usual, I have a video to prove it!

Sassy never even thought of doing that. She just and suffered in silence. I tried to remove as many as I could, but some were just frozen on so hard that I didn't want to be pulling hair and causing her more pain.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

Welllllll, to tell the truth, eventually Sammi gets bored with the process and then it is time to either grab the hair dryer, run a warm bath, or to simply put up with the wet spots around the house.  I justify the casual approach since it is snow--pure, clean moisture from the heavens!

• Like 2

Sam wishing the cold weather would just go away so I will let him out without  boots and other winter gear for more than a few minutes. Cairn cabin fever at an all time high.

A4CBE2B0-766B-4636-BE27-6DF2DBEEE277.jpeg

• Like 3

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie