CairnTalk

Who's in?

remltr

I'm thinking, since I wear a 13w shoe, that my Cairn slippers might be seen as an existential threat to Sammi and Bonnie (especially Bon) and be considered an "attack at will" target.  Or, even more likely, feel and look like ski boots.  However, for those dainty afoot, this is a neat gift idea.

• Haha 4

I think Sassy would walk up, sniff the face, then the butt and walk away with no further interest. On the other hand I would probably snag a piece of furniture, trip and kill myself. These thing appear to be pretty large. I agree dainty feet may fare better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

Ruffy loves to attack, kill, disembowel and shred any furry stuffed toy he can lay his paws on. If I was foolhardy enough to wear these slippers, we could make a great game of him chasing me through the house, but if he caught me, these (expensive) slippers, as well as my (precious) feet would end up in shreds!😱

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

FEAR THE CAIRN!

I see these slippers as not only a recipe for disaster (due to my clumsiness) but also a possible cause of all-out war in our house as the dogs and slippers fight for alpha position.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I hate to be the voice of doom, but I see nothing but trouble. What if one slipper picks a fight with the other?  If one gets "the scoots" will anyone know to check for worms or will people think you're doing the moonwalk? If you use a flea pill instead of a topical do you take one dose or do you administer one per slipper?  

• Haha 4

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

3 hours ago, bradl said:

I hate to be the voice of doom, but I see nothing but trouble. What if one slipper picks a fight with the other?  If one gets "the scoots" will anyone know to check for worms or will people think you're doing the moonwalk? If you use a flea pill instead of a topical do you take one dose or do you administer one per slipper?  

Don't ask me why, but with a few added rhymes, this is could be a "patter" song a la Gilbert & Sullivan🎼

Edited by sanford
  • Haha 2

FEAR THE CAIRN!

4 hours ago, pkcrossley said:

idaho i think bonnie and sammi would love to have two enticing attack dummies walking around on daddy's feet. 

PK, Daddy is already something of an attack dummy these days--or, more accurately, an opposed figure, cook and bottle washer, doorman to the great outdoors.  Heaven only knows what the reaction might be if I came glomping around in size 13 Cairn slippers!  Then there is the matter of the UPS guy showing up and having two very lively dogs competing for pets and two huge slippers on the old wrinkled guy taking delivery. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Idaho Cairns said:

Then there is the matter of the UPS guy showing up and having two very lively dogs competing for pets and two huge slippers on the old wrinkled guy taking delivery. 

Brave man being seen in public wearing those puppies. (pun intended)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

3 hours ago, sanford said:

Don't ask me why, but with a few added rhymes, this is could be a "patter" song a la Gilbert & Sullivan🎼

I am the very paragon of puppy slippers hateable
I've opinions vegetable, animal, and debatable
I know the feet like comfort, and I find the idea relatable
But at that size I'd prefer my boats inflatable

— The Pirates of Cairnzance

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Our Cairns are smart, so shouldn't they recognize themselves in these booties, since they are made in their likeness? Otherwise it would be like shooting themselves in the foot. (pun intended once again)

• Haha 1

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

To complete the look, here are some shirts from clothingmonster.com:

There are lots more, but unfortunately, I couldn't find a cairn face among them.

big-face-golden-t-shirt-1.jpg

big-face-golden-t-shirt.jpg

chihuahua-face-t-shirt.jpg

Edited by sanford
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

FEAR THE CAIRN!

And for those that golf but never want to forget who is waiting at home...

9D0A9A7E-E01A-4CA1-AC3B-A299159EF40D.jpeg

• Haha 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie