CairnTalk

Horns and hearts

Sam I Am

Sam I think was born with 9 lives (similar to a cat) I think we are down now to about 7. We had some friends over and I mistakenly left an empty glass of wine on the coffee table. He knows darn well that anything left on the table is verboten plus he is smart enough to know that when I turn my back, opportunity is in the making. This one tops the charts. I came back into the living room and there was the wine glass broken in half, pieces of glass on the carpet. I checked his mouth for any kind of damage..none and Immediately fed him. That was a few days ago and he is fine...not sure if my heart can take these interesting episodes of teenagehood. Jock was an angel compared to this little hell raiser. Good thing he is so darn cute . Love my Sam💓

Notice the heart with the devil horns painted by a friend of mine.

9CBA8686-B8C0-4B4E-8DF7-71B99772C5B6.jpeg

• Like 3

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

I have lowered the deductible on the pet insurance for Brodie due to the fact that he shoves ANYTHING in his mouth!!!! I am panicked that he will get an obstruction or worse!!!  He is 1 year old and shows no sign of slowing down the chomp, chomp, chomp!  If I stop on our walk he will look for something to gobble up so I have to keep moving at a good pace or else!   I love Sam's portrait!!!

Pepper's Mom

Peppers  mum..I had a chuckle. I also lowered my  deductible for Sam as I swear he is a canine vacuum. 

Glad you like Sams water colour it was such an amazing surprise from my farrier.

• Like 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

I am pretty sure I once reported here on T Bone - rest his soul -- and his habit of eating first and regreting it later.  As in -- once ate a poisonous mushroom and almost died, once ate most of a steel wool grill brush and had to visit the vet for induced vomiting so it would not get into his intestine (and he got to eat soft chicken and rice for a week afterwards given how raw his throat was).  And once ate a 3-4 ounce chunk of soft cheese off the coffee table right in front of guests - swallowed and didn't even chew.

Amazing that any of them has lived to adulthood...

Sam's painting is great!

Edited by Kathryn
  • Like 3

Did I  mention that we had to have emergency surgery for Teddy the Yellow lab while we were on vacation in Cabo San Lucas?  Swallowed part of a nylabone and 1 month later I got the call from our wonderful housesitter that the Lab was vomiting up water and acting very sick on a Saturday while I was sitting at the airport in Seattle waiting for my connection to Cabo!  We waited until Monday when I emailed the vet and off they went for emergency surgery!  Thank heavens for that pet insurance and a wonderful housesitter!!!  Turns out there were 3 dogs that week that needed the surgery for a abdominal obstruction.  This was in May....I still have that part of nylabone in a ziplock in the garage....meanwhile Brodie threw up part of a lego 2 weeks ago....agghhhghhhg!!!!!

• Sad 1

Pepper's Mom

Is Brodie related to Sam????😱

• Haha 1

It's like they are all related. How I remember the multicolor poop young Angus delivered after eating something - I don't even know what it was or when he ate it. Soft plastic something. After a couple of rainbow days we were back to normal boring brown!

• Haha 4

Sounds like Dougal is related to all the above Cairns as well.  Not so much that he eats everything, just likes to grab anything and possess it for awhile.  Has an uncanny knack to find anything and everything that hits the floor, no matter how small and hard to see.  My wife had her needle pack and thread out last week to mend something for our granddaughter.  I thought at the moment, not a good thing to have out in an area where Dougal inhabits, but wasn't overly concerned.  Later that day he has something I not sure of and I grab a treat.  He's a sucker for those.   He'll quickly come over and drop whatever he has in his mouth.  Yep....some how one of those darn needles made it to the floor.  Dougal's radar kicked in and now you know the rest of the story.   Like it was said above, good thing they are so darn cute.....picture with Rico his best buddy, my son's dog.

Dougal22.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Of course, Pepper - the 7 year old Cairn, NEVER chewed anything, but the first time I put her on the grass she started to dig to China!!! Pepper's prey drive is 100% higher than Brodie or Teddy the Yellow Lab!  But, Pepper has never ate foreign objects or destroyed toys, etc.  It is amazing seeing the difference in these two Cairns.

Pepper's Mom