CairnTalk

Hello From Washington State

Wacenturion

Have had tree Cairns over the years and have just added the fourth after losing Rosebud, the last of our two Sealyham Terriers on New Years Eve,  Her mother Rosie left us a year ago.  Meet Dougal.  First born in a litter of five and the smallest, a runt so to be specific.  However when the pups got on puppy food he did catch up some.  He probably will be on the smaller side for a male.

Dougal means "Dark Stranger" in Scottish.  That he is.  With the exception of some tiny outer brownish hairs, he is all black.  Going to be interesting to see what he becomes color wise.  Our previous Cairns were wheaten and reddish wheaten.  This time we wanted a Toto look alike.  He may be small, but he is definitely all Cairn.

He is quite the vermin getter.  He already took care of a weasel and one large rat, and he is only 10 weeks old this Friday. 

cairn20.JPG

cairn38.JPG

Dougal1.JPG

Dougal2.JPG

Edited by Wacenturion
  • Like 5

Awwww so cute !! I had a black one that lived to be 16 , but she started out grey brindle- she changed color over time - it’s hard to say what they’ll end up being.

• bradl changed the title to Hello From Washington State
33 minutes ago, Wacenturion said:

...He already took care of a weasel and one large rat, and he is only 10 weeks old this Friday. 

Wow! I hope the cat is safe!😱😊

Dougal is fabulous!

• Like 1

FEAR THE CAIRN!

That baby's expression confirms what Dave Barry has written about pups, i.e., that "Ernest" is a good name for a dog.  What a Sweetheart!

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Hello Dougal. You may be small but it is clear you've got cairn attitude! We can read that look in your still baby eyes! Welcome to you and your family.

So very sweet....have the horns appeared yet? 😈❤️

• Haha 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Just now, Terrier lover said:

So very sweet....have the horns appeared yet? 😈❤️

Just starting to appear,  as I can feel bumps....lol.  Thanks everyone for the kind comments.  Dougal is so good,  Sleeps through the night until 5 a.m., then whines a little whereas I let him out of his night crate next to the bed and he goes on his puppy pad.  Back into crate, and sleeps till I get up to make coffee.  In and out of his day crate in the family room with the door open and also with it shut for quiet time with no whining.  Uses the puppy pads in the family room with precision.  Well almost.  Yesterday's tally was eight on the pad and one near miss (just a half a foot off).How did I get so lucky?

Oh and did I mention he watches TV off and on all day.  See pictures.  Even saw his sister Stella (my daughter's pup) on my IPhone yesterday  Too funny.

Dougal3.JPG

Dougal4.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 2