CairnTalk

Cairns in the News

bradl

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the laugh Brad! My girls almost look like this when they come in on a snowy day, but not quiet that bad! Lol 😀

• 3 months later...

Nice article demonstrating that motivated owners and their Cairns can have a ball and do well in obedience and performance events. It helps when both have talent :) 

Smith said her bond with Sophie is unlike anything she has ever experienced.

“The relationship with her has been beyond magical,” Smith said. “There’s a saying about a heart dog -- you have typically one dog that’s connected to your heart, and Sophie is definitely it for me.”

Watha woman and terrier competed in AKC championship

Watha_woman_and_terrier_competed_in_AKC_championship.png

• Like 2

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Very impressive...somehow I feel incredibly inadequate as a Cairn owner.

Edited by Terrier lover
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

• 8 months later...

Plans underway to pay tribute to Edinburgh shop dog Maggie

A commemorative whisky may be released to honor a much-loved Edinburgh shop dog who died this week

Maggie

Maggie was well admired throughout her life as she would sit gazing out of the whisky shop window on the busy street all year round.

The 14-year-old Cairn terrier represented Edinburgh on many occasions as a Greyfriars Bobby stand-in at the annual ceremony to mark the famous dog’s death.

— https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/plans-underway-to-pay-tribute-to-edinburgh-shop-dog-maggie-1-4897525

• Like 3

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support

yes, she does look like bobby. is there some reason all the good theatrical roles for cairn boys go to cairn girls? i mean, apart from the obvious. 

• Like 2

Having a commemorative whiskey named for you would be the highest honor possible for a Cairn.  Maggie was undoubtedly loved by all.

• Like 1

I have often seen this dog on my frequent trips to Edinburgh. My sister lives close to one end of the Royal Mile so we walk it a lot. I didn’t see her last year though.

Will have to try the whisky next time.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

🛑 Warning: contains explicit descriptions and images of rat hunting — if seeing would cause you concern or distress DO NOT READ.

Washington is full of rats. These dogs are happy to help with that. (Gift article from Washington Post, link may expire.) One of the dogs featured is a Cairn.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Sam would absolutely love this…after killing five squirrels in our back yard this spring, I can’t believe how lightening fast he can be! Alberta does not have any rats so squirrels and mice will have to do. 

Then there is me running around like an idiot, yelling drop it, drop it! 😂 It’s a bit queasy making must admit as I have a soft spot for all animals…might feel different however with rats. Yikes.

Edited by Sam I Am

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

I lived in Manhattan for a while as a teenager (thus more than 50 years ago now...sigh) and I can remember seeing a rat in the streets that, if it had stood on its hind legs, might have come up to my knee...apparently there is a terrier club there that hunts rats too.

I would be quite disturbed if my pampered boys were bit and bleeding like that dog in the photos. I think though that they would certainly love the chase.

Edited by Kathryn
Typo
  • Agree 1