CairnTalk

Cairn movies list

remltr

I watched the movie Air Force (1943) last night. I was pleasantly surprised to see a Cairn Terrier in it. It was Rommy, the offspring of Terry (Toto). Got some serious screen time but no credit.

I did a search on the movie and it led me to this site that lists all the movies that include Cairn Terrier actors/actresses. http://www.cairnterriermovies.com/

I suppose that this has been posted somewhere on here before, but I did not find it via search. Hope you find this as interesting as I did.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

Holy Terrier!  Definitely going to look that one up!  I didn't know one of Terry's offspring was in a film.  Going to have to look that one up as well.  So glad you and Sassy are still around and kicking!  :)

I did know about the W.E. movie Cairn part.  I love that movie!

Edited by tlwtheq
Addition after looking up remltr's list

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

• 4 months later...

Episode 9 of the Amazon series "Tin Star" either has a Cairn Terrier puppy or one of those white Cairn Terrier wannabees (Westie). Hard to tell as someone is always holding the little guy. And once off leash in the dark it takes off. (Must be a Cairn).

Mature audiences only btw.

• Haha 2

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

great site. i wonder if there is any recognizable breed that is featured in movies more often than cairns? clearly cairns are radiating charisma and are irresistible on screen. i wonder if they are rivaled by any other breed? my guess is that jack russells, pit/staffordshire crosses and goldens are in the running. but who really has the most movies on their list?

Guest dog person

7th Heaven  (1996 to 2007)    I see Cairn

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1254022/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

http://7thheaven.wikia.com/wiki/Happy

Cairns tend to have that scruffy look, I think that's why they are often cast to portray strays and lost dogs.

My hairdresser looked at my cairn (whom I groom daily and use a stripping tool once a week) and said,  doesn't he need to have something to done to his hair?    He thought my dog's hair looked very dry and needed a conditioning shampoo, lol

I tried to explain to him that the breed is supposed to look like that   :-/

I am sure he would look nicer if I had him professionally groomed, but considering that his haircut would cost more than mine, that's not happening.

Edited by dog person

Ask any movie star, that perfect casual scruffy look is expensive to obtain and maintain. Cairns get it for free :lol: 

Every time I do the "stand for exam" on a Keeshond in obedience class I admire their airy fluffy coat, but for some reason nothing compares to the harsh coat of a Cairn; it is somehow utterly compelling. Haystacks rule! 

• Like 1

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

A berger pickard played the dog in "Winn Dixie", and I think they chose the breed because it does not look like a dog someone would breed.  At the same time, they could train several dogs that looked similar, so that folks would believe that one dog was acting in the movie.

BGs have a very tousled coat, somewhat like a cairn's, though they are bigger.  We have someone locally who breeds and shows them, so I do see them around town once in a while.  Folks always seem surprised that it is really a breed.

With a cairn, though, folks know it is a dog breed.  Unfortunately, they cannot remember much but "Toto."

• Haha 1

does this count? in the british mini-series "Place of Execution," the missing girl/victim has a photograph of a cairn terrier on her wall. 

• Like 1

This is not a movie, but here in Missouri we have a current TV commercial for the MO lottery that features a Cairn  that is so cute!,  It is on You tube if you google MO Lottery "The Little Outback"  The Cairn is in a canoe wearing a cowboy hat and vest looking a lot like crocodile Dundee. They say "Watch out they bite" Hopefully referring to the crocodiles!.

• Like 1

Thanks to Brad and Corn Niblet for this wonderfully goofy video! It sure brightened my day!😃

• Haha 1

FEAR THE CAIRN!

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody see a "Dogs Purpose"? Good movie.

In the very beginning of the movie there is an extreme close up of a dog, that appears to be a Cairn. The voice over, done by the star dog of the movie, mentions something about starting life. So we are looking at what I think is a Cairn over her litter of non-Cairn pups. Otherwise a fun movie even with no other Cairn scenes.

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

For me, A Dog's Purpose is simultaneously wonderful and full of sadness.  Seeing the stray puppy being taken by Animal Control and euthanized in the beginning is tough to take.  And each incarnation of the dog's soul is wonderful, but seeing them age and die reminds me too much of Holdsworth, Shadow, Olie, Teddy Bear, and Sweet Pea, and all of their health struggles and their sad endings.  The movie does have a sweet ending.  I probably won't watch it again.

Edited by tlwtheq
usage cx

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg