CairnTalk

Update on Ivy and myself!

josie&holly

Hello, not been on the USA Forum for some time!  But Ivy is nearly three now and is a bouncy, happy Cairn who loves  everyone and thinks everyone should love her! 

This is her in the Christmas Jumper I purchased the other week

37962473055_73e8439948.jpgIMG_0331 by Josephine Dunster, on Flickr

I have been busy this year been assessed and having a Cochlear Implant so now am hearing much better!  Different to USA where folk have to struggle to get insurance etc, here the NHS will give you one if you have a severe hearing loss that fits in with their guidelines.  So the surgery was end on July and then was switched on and got the processor end of August.  I got the latest processor made by Cochlear and it streams direct from iPhone so am beginning now to maker the odd phone call but can still manage much better with FaceTime!  Hearing much more now and sometimes wish that Ivy had volume control! :)  

I was fortunate to have a friend who could care for Ivy when I had the numerous appointments down in Nottingham for assessment earlier in year , and then for the operation, and since for "mapping" as they call the programming of processor.  this friend has two older Cairns so Ivy was very happy to go and pester/play with them!

• Like 9

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

All such good news for you. Ivy looks fabulous in her Christmas sweater.:wub:

Yes we are also very lucky in Canada  that free health care is everyone’s right.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie