CairnTalk

Bonnie does a Bert Lahr

Idaho Cairns

Winter is coming early in these climes and the deer and wild turkey have come off the mountain and into the neighborhood.  Here's our little Bonnie doing her best Wizard of Oz routine, albeit Bert Lahr's bit of "Put em up, put em uuuup!"  instead of Toto's flying monkey attack.
Sister Sammi is being her usual restrained self, tolerating the idle threats of Bonnie in regal silence.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=ck7Lq2iXCnY

Edited by Idaho Cairns
  • Like 1

Figured it out, I think  …

off-topic stuff ...

Spoiler

The 'edit' portion of the URL 

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=ck7Lq2iXCnY

indicates that the URL (address) of the video is one for local editing by the owner; the public URL of the video (from the owner's channel) used for sharing is located in the info pane.

YouTube.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

How wonderful to have so much wild life around you Chuck!  Wild turkeys...wow. Here chick chick ...here chick chick.:evil:

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Thanks Brad!  I somehow couldn't get that YouTube video to post up right!!  We are fortunate to get as much wildlife as we do here--however, last March, Fish and Game captured a momma Mountain Lion and four (!!!) half grown kittens from under the deck of a home just above our place.  With the deer, come the predators and that has some consequences. 

• Sad 1

mountain lions?? now that's when bonnie needs to get her bert lahr on --huff and muff all you want, but the feet better be pointing the other way. 

In all the years we have lived up here, this was closest encounter with pumas we have had--they have been reported a few miles south but this crew was within a quarter of a mile in a residential area, albeit a bit overgrown with foliage.  A bit concerning to all of us as we do let the our dogs out at night.  I'm hoping it was a merely an accident that brought them around but when we walked up the hill (heard the beautiful sounds of the cat hounds on their query) we saw one of the kits and the mom (in cages) and they were quite healthy looking.  I'm sure they had been liberally feeding on our deer population which has really grown lately.  Still, I don't think they would hesitate to take a dog on.  Here's a picture of one of the annoyed kits in a dog crate.

_DSC7400.JPG

Oh my!  I’m nervous about taking Pepper out at night, afraid she’ll somehow get off her leash and vanish into the woods to become a coyote snack!  Mountain lions are much scarier!

On 11/5/2017 at 7:59 PM, Idaho Cairns said:

...we saw one of the kits and the mom (in cages)...

Just curious... Did you find out how the cats were captured and caged?

P.S. For laughs, I watched your video again, of Bonnie and Sammi contemplating a Flying Turkey attack and it occurred to me that it would make a nice Happy Thanksgiving greeting to send to your nearest and dearest!😀

Edited by sanford
  • Like 2

FEAR THE CAIRN!

4 hours ago, sanford said:

Just curious... Did you find out how the cats were captured and caged?

Yes, we stayed around while the Fish and Game, with the help of some local cat hunters with dogs treed three of the kits and the Mommy lion  that afternoon--all were released together  the next day or two in a remote location.  Unfortunately, one of the kittens somehow got separated during all of this, showed up several days later in the same area, was captured and, as far as we know, was relocated with mom and siblings (I think fish and game had put tracking devices on the entire crew.  At least that's what we believe happened.
Actually it was all quite interesting--just hearing those cat dogs work those cats was a hoot.  Hopefully this will give you an idea of what it sort of looked and sounded like.

Edited by bradl
fix youtube link
  • Like 1

@Idaho Cairns same here with the wild life. Wild Turkeys, Deer, Bear, Fox, Coyote, Wolves, and Mountain Lion. We don't actually see the Mountain Lion but the trail cameras do. There have been a few that thought they saw it but not sure. Wild Turkeys are in abundance this year, Mom had at least 25 in her yard a month ago. It looked like a turkey farm. haha

Great video of the girls. Always love to watch them.

• Like 1