CairnTalk

I took it Mom!

Dempsy's Mom

Crazy busy with harvest - think of you guys often - but barely have time to breathe.  Weather has been a challenge.  Dempsy is getting along fairly well with his back and legs.  Some days worst than others.  We take his pill religiously - one in morning one at night.  I think they make him thirsty and he is getting sneaky at taking them.  This photo was from yesterday morning - "Mom, I took it!  You don't see it on the floor so it must be in my tummy."  IMG_1629.thumb.jpg.4803ad6e30bcc1603dcbb0a560a14248.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Lori good luck with getting your crops off. We are having an unusual long fall in  our area, however it can change literally within hours. 

Love litte Demps.:wub:

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

That Cairn chin hair is like a Hoover vacuum it seems.  Every time we let our girls out now that the leaves are falling we have to catch 'em coming back in the door so we can get the twigs and leaves off of them.  I gotta feeling Demps didn't know his pill was hanging fire--way too obvious for a smart little dickens like him. 

• Like 2

I hide it in various food items (peanut butter is a good idea) and he usually swallows it without question, but when he feels it or even gets a hint that mom is being sneaky he carries his food into the other room away from the watchful eye of the medicine woman.  Love watching his expressions and actions. We had our first snow Thursday - no much snow but the wind cut like a knife. Much better today.    

• Like 1

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

I know what you mean, Lori.  While cleaning the house today I found one of Buffy's thyroid pills neatly tucked under a throw rug.  They're clever little devils!

• Haha 1