CairnTalk

The nose rules

remltr

When leaving the dog park Sassy found something interesting on the steps. Sassy was digging at those steps for two minutes before I started recording. I had already called her two times. Nothing interrupts that nose.

• Like 8

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

It's amazing how good they are at ignoring us! What an adorable face Sassy has. :wub:

• Like 5

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Idaho Cairns

We see the same things--that infuriating methodical inspection of every square inch of an area where they pick up a scent.  I might also add we see a similar willingness to obey a command.

• Like 4

Sassy is a pretty girl.  She and Buffy share the same fanatical determination to thoroughly examine every interesting scent.  Sometimes I believe Buffy is performing a complete lab analysis with her nose,

• 2 months later...
On April 30, 2017 at 8:36 AM, hheldorfer said:

...the fanatical determination to thoroughly examine every interesting scent...performing a complete analysis with her nose...

Sassy conjures up the punchline to an old joke: "There must a pony in here somewhere!"?

Edited by sanford
  • Like 3

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Idaho Cairns

Classic Cairn behavior--the careful examination of every square inch precludes (1) prolongs the free ranging and (2) having to obey a human command!

9 hours ago, JoJo said:

Which dog park do you go to?  I'm bringing Pepper out to Renton soon and would love to know a park I can trust she won't escape!

https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylc=X3oDMTFiaHBhMnJmBF9TAzIwMjM1MzgwNzUEaXRjAzEEc2VjA3NyY2hfcWEEc2xrA3NyY2hhc3Q-?p=renton+off+leash+dog+park&fr=yfp-t-s&fp=1&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8

Number 1 on the boxed list is where I go 99% of the time as it is about a mile from my home. It is the one in the video. Great park and she won't get away as long as you keep her leashed for a period of time after entering the park. There are two entrances on either end of the parking lot. One is gated, the other not. This is a huge park.

The first park listed after the numbered list is the only one I know of in Renton. I went there one time a couple weeks ago. I was not that impressed with it. Difficult to find the street to get to the park. Long walk from the parking area to the park and not really visible from the parking area. If you know someone who has been there before it may help in locating it. It is gated, but kind of plain.

There is probably a 10 mile distance between the parks.

Hope that helps.

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF