CairnTalk

No Hide Chews

MaryellenK

Has anyone tried No Hide Chews from Earth Animal?  I won't give my dogs rawhide and am very nervous about choking hazards.   I've been giving them occasional marrow bones but looking at other treats.

Thanks!

I don't give Malcolm rawhide chews. They give him diarrhea. The best thing I found are kneecaps at the Menards store in the pet section. They are a natural bone that helps clean his teeth. He gets many hours of pleasure chewing on these.

We don't give rawhide because it always made Packy throw up.  Now that he's gone, I just havent wanted to try them with Kirby and Phinney.  We use those hard boiled bones and bully sticks.  A friend gave us pig ears but I think they're gross.  Our breeder recommended some dried fish chews but I have tried those yet.

Edited by kjwarnold
Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

Oban loves his deer antlers. I will let him chew on one for a half hour or so on nights when I watch TV - he likes me to hold it for him while he gnaws on it. He can eventually wear one down. If it gets sharp I toss it and start over with a new one.

Never had any luck with rawhide - all my cairns ate them too fast and had problems with diarrhea . And bully sticks seem too greasy as Oban likes his treats while sitting on the couch.

Edited by Kathryn

Rocky likes Elk Antlers, and they last a long time.  We tried pig ears but he is not sure what to do with it and will carry it around the house for an hour looking for a place to hide it or bury it behind the sofa pillows.

Kelly's favorite treat is the chicken jerky that I make. It is really easy to make and good for them. I would love to get them an elk antler to try. I do get the beef bones for them to chew on, but only in the summer when I can put them on the porch with them, and I have time to watch them. ( I get them from the grocery store at the meat counter, and they still have a little bloody and meat on them.) They are a little messy.