CairnTalk

Christmas Memories

Malcolm's Dad

This is a wonderful sentiment. We as members of this community of crazy Cairns are so blessed to enjoy the antics of our furry and goofy family members. With that unfortunately comes sadness from time to time when they leave us for another level of life. Truly all dogs go to heaven.

• Like 6

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

MD just reading your wonderful note brought tears into my eyes. We all grieved along with those that lost their furry ones this year, but also we rejoiced at the new pups that came into their homes. Not replacing those they lost, but to honour them, with a new life, love and laughter. 

• Like 5

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Well, now I've got tears in my eyes!  I'm so pleased that Packy entertained so many people.  I've been doing a daily (almost) FB post for my friends and family called "Your Morning Puppy" with something from Kirby and a Phinney.  It seems to be going over well.  They sure have made us smile!

• Like 6
Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

What a beautiful post, Malcolm's Dad.  Thank you for sharing your thoughts and memories with us! The follow-up responses are just lovely as well. :)

thank you Malcolm's dad for thinking of my redmon and teddy, two of the most precious souls who ever visited. I too think of all our wonderful little friends here, and support of a loving community. will be thinking of you all this Christmas. 

Edited by pkcrossley
  • Like 7

We'll raise a glass this Christmas, grateful for the lifetimes of companionship we enjoyed from the Cairns who are no longer with us and celebrating the new pups who will carry on the Cairn tradition.

Cheers to all.:beer:

• Like 9

What a wonderful post. I think often of the Cairns I've loved though I never met them, and their uprights who have helped so many of us raise our Cairns. It feels fitting that we've had a bit of a puppy explosion on the forum, and what better way to pay tribute to some amazing dogs than by continuing their legacy of love with new ones. 

Thank you, as always, to all of you who have lost your beloved Cairns yet continue to spread your wisdom and share your experiences here. As I said in a post earlier this year, you've built monuments to your Cairns that will live on in the happy dogs who have benefited from your contributions to the forum. 

Thank you especially to pk, Terrier Lover, and kjwarnold. I would have been lost without your support as Addie went through surgery and radiation and recovery this year. I am astonished by and grateful for that support in the face of your losses. I talk to Addie a lot about Redmon and Jock and Packy, to keep their memory alive in my little girl's life. 

Edited by _whits_
  • Like 6

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley